|2nd||0:32||MNE||1-0||EV||Catherine Tufts (3)||Vendula Přibylová/4|
|2nd||6:07||NOE||1-1||EV||Matti Hartman (3)||Ainsley MacMillan/4, Brooke Hobson/6|
|2nd||10:25||MNE||2-1||SH||Michelle Weis (2)||Brooke Stacey/4, Brittany Kucera/5|
|2nd||12:42||MNE||3-1||EV GW||Alyson Matteau (3)||Tereza Vanišová/12, Vendula Přibylová/5|
|2nd||15:01||NOE||2-3||EV||Veronika Pettey (5)||McKenna Brand/3|
|3rd||9:19||MNE||4-2||PP||Catherine Tufts (4)||Tereza Vanišová/13, Anna Zíková/2|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Brittany Bugalski (L, 5-5-1)||58:09||4||11||4||5||20|
|Carly Jackson (W, 5-4-0)||60:00||2||8||8||4||20|
ORONO, Maine - Catherine Tufts scored two goals to lead the Maine Black Bears (7-5-0, 2-2-0 WHEA) to a 4-2 victory over the Northeastern (5-6-1, 3-3-0 WHEA) on Tuesday night at Alfond Arena.
Sophomore Carly Jackson stopped 20 shots in the Black Bear net. Freshman Michelle Weis and junior Alyson Matteau also scored goals for Maine.
Sophomore Matti Hartman and freshman Veronika Pettey lit the lamp for Northeastern, while goaltender Brittany Bugalski made 20 saves.
• After a scoreless opening period, Maine grabbed the lead just 32 seconds into the second stanza when Catherine Tufts backhanded a shot over the blocker of Bugalski from the low slot.
• The Huskies tied the game at 6:07 of the middle frame when Matti Hartman redirected an Ainsley MacMillan point-shot past Maine netminder Carly Jackson at the right of the net.
• The Black Bears went back ahead at 10:25 of the second period when Brooke Stacey fed Michelle Weis for a shorthanded breakaway that resulted in a shot under the blocker of Bugalski.
• Maine pushed the lead to 3-1 just over two minutes later when Tereza Vanisova found Alyson Matteau wide open in front for a one-timer inside the right post at 12:42.
• The Huskies cut the deficit to 3-2 at 15:01 of the frame when McKenna Brand forced a turnover along the left-wing boards, and fed a cutting Veronika Pettey for a wrister under the crossbar from the left circle.
• Maine re-established its two-goal cushion at 9:19 of the third period when Tufts potted her second goal of the game, directing home a Vanisova centering pass on the power-play to make it 4-2.
Stats of the Game
• Maine held a 24-22 advantage in shots on goal.
• The Black Bears went 1-for-8 on the power-play, while Northeastern was 0-for-5.
• Sophomore Tereza Vanišová registered two assists for Maine to push her team-leading point total to 17 points (4g, 13a)
• NU's Veronika Pettey notched her 11th point of the season, tied with Kasidy Anderson for the team lead.
• Northeastern's Brooke Hobson picked up the secondary assist on Hartman's goal for her fourth point in the last five games.