|1st||2:21||MER||1-0||EV||Megan Fergusson (2)||Felila Manu/3, Paige Voight/4|
|1st||13:49||UNI||1-1||EV||Katelynn Russ (3)||Rachel de Perio/3|
|2nd||1:33||UNI||2-1||EV||Katelynn Russ (4)||Cheyenne Harris/6, Rachel de Perio/4|
|2nd||6:34||MER||2-2||PP||Jessica Bonfe (4)||Felila Manu/4, Paige Sorensen/2|
|2nd||13:26||MER||3-2||EV||Katelyn Rae (5)||-|
|3rd||12:30||UNI||3-3||PP||Caitlyn McLaren (2)||Hannah Schultz/2|
|3rd||17:43||MER||4-3||EV GW||Courtney Maud (1)||-|
|3rd||18:54||MER||5-3||EV EN||Courtney Maud (2)||-|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Léa-Kristine Demers (W, 3-2-1)||59:47||3||4||11||4||19|
|Coco Francis (L, 2-1-1)||59:42||4||11||9||5||25|
SCHENECTADY, N.Y. - The Merrimack College women's ice hockey team snapped a three-game skid, downing Union, 5-3, on Friday night from Frank L. Messa Rink in a non-conference tilt. Freshman Courtney Maud (Georgetown, Ontario) scored the game-winner with 2:17 left in regulation, her first career- goal.
Score: Merrimack 5, Union (N.Y.) 3| Final
Records: Merrimack (4-6-2, 1-3-1 WHEA) // Union (2-6-1, 2-0-0 ECAC)
Location: Frank L. Messa Rink | Schenectady, N.Y.
- The Warriors jumped out to a quick lead in the opening period, before Union tied it up late in the period. The Dutchwomen took the lead early in the second, but that was the only lead for the home team.
- The Warriors out-shot the home team 12-5 in the opening period.
- After trailing early in the second period, it was a power-play goal that tied the game for Merrimack. A goal late in the period put the Warriors ahead at the end of two.
- An early power play goal for Union tied things up in the third, but a pair of late goals, including an empty netter for Merrimack, sealed the deal.
- Freshman Megan Fergusson (Kitchener, Ontario) got the Warriors on the board quickly at the 2:21 mark of the first period. Juniors Felila Manu (Anchorage, Alaska) and Paige Voight (St. Michael, Minn.) had assists on the play. - Katelynn Russ tied the game at 13:49 of the first period, before giving Union a 2-1 lead 1:33 into the second period.
- Junior Jessica Bonfe (Woodbury, Mass.) scored a power-play goal at 6:34 of the second period to even the contest on assists by Manu and junior Paige Sorensen (Plymouth, Minn.).
- Junior Katelyn Rae (Courtice, Ontario) gave the Warriors a 3-2 lead just under six minutes later on an unassisted goal.
- Caitlyn McLaren tied the game for Union on a power-play goal with 7:30 left in regulation.
- It was Maud that gave the Warriors the lead for good with 2:17 left in the game, before scoring an empty netter with 1:06 left to play.
Notes and Notables
- It was Merrimack's first power-play goal since a 2-1 overtime win over Penn State on Oct. 20.
- Manu picked up her fourth assists of the season, as it was her first multi-point game of the year.
- Seven different Warriors picked up a point in the contest.
- Goaltenders: W- Sophomore Lea-Kristine Demers (Repetigny, Quebec) (19 saves, 3-2-1) // L- Coco Francis (25 Saves, 2-1-1)
- Power Plays: Merrimack (1-5) | Union (1-3)
- SOG (MC-UC): 12-5 |11-12 | 7-5 | 30-22
The Warriors will face Union tomorrow afternoon in an afternoon tilt. Puck drop is scheduled for 3 p.m. from Frank L. Messa Rink