|1st||2:18||NOE||1-0||EV||Lauren Kelly (5)||McKenna Brand/9|
|1st||3:41||NOE||2-0||EV||Kasidy Anderson (8)||-|
|1st||11:17||CON||1-2||EV||Natalie Snodgrass (12)||Leah Lum/10|
|2nd||0:40||NOE||3-1||EV GW||McKenna Brand (12)||Denisa Křížová/11, Brooke Hobson/9|
|2nd||5:44||CON||2-3||EV||Morgan Wabick (3)||Catherine Crawley/5|
|3rd||15:44||NOE||4-2||EV||Matti Hartman (4)||Andrea Renner/2, Veronika Pettey/9|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Annie Belanger (L, 4-7-4)||58:39||4||6||18||10||34|
|Brittany Bugalski (W, 7-6-1)||60:00||2||11||4||15||30|
BOSTON - The Northeastern women's hockey team (11-9-2, 7-6-1 WHEA) received scoring contributions from three different lines as the Huskies skated to a 4-2 victory over UConn (6-9-7, 0-8-4 WHEA) on Tuesday evening at Matthews Arena.
Senior McKenna Brand notched the game-winning goal and added an assist to move within two points of 100 for her collegiate career, while senior Denisa Krizova dished out her 99th career assist on Brand's second-period tally.
Senior Lauren Kelly, junior Kasidy Anderson and sophomore Matti Hartman also lit the lamp for Northeastern, while junior Brittany Bugalski stopped 30 shots to move into sole possession of fifth place among NU's all-time winningest goaltenders with her 48th career victory.
- Northeastern struck first just 2:18 into the game when McKenna Brand forced a turnover in the right corner and fed Lauren Kelly at the left point for a shot that found its way through traffic and into the net.
- NU doubled its lead 1:23 later. Kasidy Anderson gained control of the puck in the Northeastern zone and skated up the ice with speed, before cutting to the slot and ripping a wrister into the top corner of the cage to make it 2-0.
- UConn pulled a goal back at 11:17 of the first period when Natalie Snodgrass sniped the top right corner of the net on the rush from the top of the left circle.
- The Red & Black went back ahead by a pair of goals just 40 seconds into the second stanza. Denisa Krizova found Brand streaking through the neutral zone on the right wing with speed. Brand accelerated into the UConn zone and fired a wrister inside the right post from between the circles to make it 3-1 NU.
- The visitors again reduced the NU lead to one when Catherine Crawley teed up Morgan Wabick for a blast inside the left post from the high slot at the 5:44 mark of the middle frame.
- Matti Hartman tacked on a big insurance goal with 4:16 remaining in the third period to seal the game for Northeastern. Andrea Renner took a feed from Veronika Pettey at the right of the net and threw the puck out in front for Hartman to backhand home through heavy traffic to make it 4-2.
Stats of the Game
- McKenna Brand notched career points No. 97 and 98 on Tuesday. With two more points, Brand would become the 28th player in program history to reach the 100-point plateau.
- Brand also extended her point-streak to six games; over that span, the Nevis, Minnesota native has racked up five goals, six assists and 11 points.
- Denisa Krizova earned her 99th career assist with the primary helper on Brand's game-winning goal. With one more assist, Krizova would become the fourth player in program history to notch 100 or more helpers.
- Brittany Bugalski claimed her 48th collegiate victory on Tuesday, passing Kelly Dyer (1985-89) for the fifth-most wins in program history.
- Northeastern improved to 9-0-2 when scoring the first goal this season.
- NU extended its unbeaten streak against UConn to 24 straight games (21-0-3).
The Huskies will do battle with No. 2/2 Boston College in a home-and-home series this weekend. Puck drop on Friday is set for 2 p.m. at BC's Conte Forum.