|1st||8:29||CLG||1-0||EV||Bailey Larson (2)||Breanne Wilson-Bennett/1, Kaila Pinkney/1|
|1st||12:41||CLG||2-0||EV||Megan Sullivan (1)||Shelby Perry/4, Shae Labbe/3|
|2nd||5:54||CLG||3-0||PP GW||Shae Labbe (3)||Shelby Perry/5, Jessie Eldridge/1|
|2nd||8:31||CLG||4-0||EV||Malia Schneider (2)||Jessie Eldridge/2, Olivia Zafuto/2|
|2nd||19:25||NOE||1-4||EV||Veronika Pettey (2)||Ainsley MacMillan/1, Tori Sullivan/2|
|3rd||5:06||CLG||5-1||PP||Shae Labbe (4)||Annika Zalewski/4, Jessie Eldridge/3|
|3rd||18:26||NOE||2-5||EV||McKenna Brand (3)||Paige Capistran/1|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Brittany Bugalski (L, 2-3-1)||60:00||5||12||11||10||33|
|Liz Auby (W, 4-0-0)||59:57||2||7||6||2||15|
HAMILTON, N.Y. - Shae Labbe and Jessie Eldridge each notched three points to help the No. 8/8 Colgate Raiders (4-0-0) post a weekend sweep of the No. 6/5 Northeastern women's hockey team (2-3-1) with a 5-2 victory on Sunday at the Class of 1965 Arena.
Freshman Veronika Pettey and senior McKenna Brand lit the lamp for the Huskies, while junior goaltender Brittany Bugalski made 33 saves.
• The hosts opened the scoring at the 8:29 mark of the first period. After a Kaila Pinkney point-shot was redirected in the crease by Breanne Wilson-Bennett, Colgate's Bailey Larson was the first to find the loose puck at the right of the cage for a backhand that sailed over the outstretched pad of Bugalski.
• The Raiders added to the lead just over four minutes later on a similar play. Labbe wheeled into the slot and fired a shot that deflected in front, allowing Megan Sullivan to scoop up the loose puck and deposit the disc into the back of the net at 12:41.
• Colgate tacked on a third goal six minutes into the second period when Labbe's point-shot sailed through traffic and found the back of the net on the power play.
• The Raiders made it 4-0 at 8:31 of the middle frame when Malia Schneider backhanded a rebound inside the right post from point-blank range.
• The Huskies got on the board with 35 seconds to play in the second period following a tic-tac-toe passing play. Tori Sullivan shifted the puck to the right point to Ainsley MacMillan, who quickly zipped a feed to Pettey at the left of the cage for a redirection past Colgate netminder Liz Auby to cut the score to 4-1.
• Colgate pushed back ahead by four goals with another power-play tally from Labbe at 5:06 of the third period.
• Northeastern cut into the deficit with 1:34 remaining in the third period to round out the scoring. Paige Capistran held the puck in the Colgate zone at the right point and fired a shot towards the net that caromed onto the stick of Brand, who ripped a wrister into the back of the cage from the low slot.
Stats of the Game
• Colgate held a 38-17 shot advantage and scored two power-play goals.
• The Huskies blocked 26 shots, including six apiece by Denisa Krizova, Codie Cross and Paige Capistran.
• Pettey notched her fourth point in her last four games.
• Pettey is tied with McKenna Brand and Kasidy Anderson for the team lead in points with four.
• Brand notched her team-leading third goal of the season.
Northeastern will head to Syracuse for a pair of games next weekend, starting Friday, Oct. 20 at 7 p.m.