|1st||6:44||CLG||1-0||PP GW||Jessie Eldridge (3)||Shelby Perry/2, Malia Schneider/2|
|2nd||6:19||CLG||2-0||EV||Shae Labbe (2)||-|
|3rd||13:44||CLG||3-0||PP||Jessie Eldridge (4)||Shae Labbe/2, Shelby Perry/3|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Brittany Bugalski (L, 2-2-1)||59:44||3||7||10||9||26|
|Liz Auby (W, 3-0-0)||60:00||0||8||13||7||28|
HAMILTON, N.Y. - Colgate's Jessie Eldridge scored two power-play goals and netminder Liz Auby stopped all 28 Northeastern shots as the No. 8/8 Raiders (3-0-0) blanked the No. 6/5 Huskies (2-2-1), 3-0, on Saturday night at the Class of 1965 Arena.
The Raiders scored once in each period and capitalized on both power-play opportunities, while Northeastern went 0-for-2 on the numerical advantage. The hosts also won 28 of 40 face-offs en route to their third consecutive shutout to open the season.
Northeastern netminder Brittany Bugalski turned aside 26 shots, including a spectacular kick save on a Colgate penalty shot in the second period.
• Colgate struck first on the power play when Eldridge skated in alone and tucked a shot through the pads of Bugalski at the 6:44 mark of the opening period.
• The Raiders doubled the advantage at 6:19 of the second period when Shae Labbe picked up a loose puck in the neutral zone, skated into the NU end with speed, and rifled a shot off the underside of the crossbar and into the net from the right circle.
• Eldridge tacked on a second power-play goal at 13:44 of the final frame. After some nice puck movement in the NU zone, Labbe tossed a pass to the left of the net, where Aldridge skillfully redirected the puck over the shoulder of Bugalski to make it 3-0.
Stats of the Game
• Northeastern's opponent scored first for the fourth straight game.
• The Huskies were held off the scoresheet for the first time since Sept. 30, 2016 against St. Lawrence.
• Junior Kasidy Anderson led all players with six shots on goal.
The Huskies will look to earn the weekend split when the teams square off again on Sunday at 2 p.m.