|1st||2:32||BU||1-0||EV||Reagan Rust (2)||Nara Elia/1, Deziray De Sousa/1|
|1st||3:57||BU||2-0||EV GW||Victoria Bach (5)||Rebecca Leslie/4|
|1st||5:46||BU||3-0||EV||Nina Rodgers (2)||Natasza Tarnowski/3, Jesse Compher/4|
|2nd||0:20||BU||4-0||PP||Abby Cook (1)||Victoria Bach/7, Rebecca Leslie/5|
|2nd||14:36||RIT||1-4||EV||Brinna Dochniak (1)||Mallory Rushton/3, Christa Vuglar/1|
|3rd||15:44||BU||5-1||EV||Rebecca Leslie (6)||Reagan Rust/4, Victoria Bach/8|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Boston University (2-5-1)||1/4||2/4||0|
|Jessi O'Leary (L, 1-4-1)||60:00||5||11||19||5||35|
|Boston University Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Corinne Schroeder (W, 2-0-1)||59:47||1||9||3||7||19|
BOSTON - Five different Terriers found the back of the net as the Boston University women's ice hockey team defeated RIT, 5-1, on Friday night at Walter Brown Arena.
- Junior Regan Rust opened the scoring just 2:32 into the proceedings. Freshman Nara Elia collected the puck in the neutral zone and passed it to Rust, who skated into the RIT zone and blasted a shot past Jessi O'Leary (35 saves) for her second goal of the season.
- Senior Victoria Bach made it 2-0 just 1:15 later. Senior Rebecca Leslie had the puck behind the RIT cage and found Bach in front. Bach proceeded to lift a shot into the top left corner for her fifth strike of the season.
- Senior Nina Rodgers extended the lead to 3-0 at the 5:46 mark of the opening stanza when she capitalized on a loose puck following a shot by sophomore Natasza Tarnowski. Freshman Jesse Compher also assisted on the goal.
- BU began the second period on a power play and took advantage just 20 seconds into the player advantage when sophomore Abby Cook fired home a shot from the top of the zone.
- The Tigers got a goal back with 5:24 to play in the middle period when Brinna Dochniak lit the lamp.
- Leslie and Bach capped off their respective three-point nights with 4:16 remaining in regulation. Bach got the puck to Rust in the offensive zone, and Rust fired a shot towards goal. Leslie deftly redirected the shot past O'Leary for her sixth goal of the year.
SPREADING THE WEALTH
- Five different Terriers scored a goal in the same game for the first time since Feb. 7, 2017, in a Beanpot game against Harvard.
- Nine different skaters have lit the lamp for BU so far this season.
REAGAN NOT VERY RUSTY
- Playing against her former team, Rust was outstanding on Friday night.
- Rust had her most productive night as a Terrier with her goal and assist.
- It was her seventh career multi-point game and first since Feb. 24, 2017. - Rust spent two seasons at RIT and recorded 32 points (8g, 24a) in 69 games with the Tigers.
LESLIE KEEPS ROLLING
- Leslie has been fantastic through her last four games.
- During that stretch, she has recorded 11 points on six goals and five assists, which matches her season total.
- Friday was her third game of at least three points over her last four outings. Leslie's six goals are tops on the Terriers.
BACH AT IT AGAIN
- Bach extended her point streak to six games with her goal and two assists.
- She leads the Terriers in both points (13) and assists (8), and has recorded 12 points during her six-game point streak.
- Bach has scored a goal in five of those six contests.
SCHROEDER STRONG AGAIN
- Freshman goaltender Corinne Schroeder improved to 2-0-1 with a 19-save performance.
- In those three starts, Schroeder has posted a .946 save percentage and a 1.62 goals-against average.
COOKING UP SOME POINTS
- Cook is in the midst of a four-game point streak.
- She scored her first goal of the season on Friday night after previously registering an assist in three straight games.
- This is the longest point streak of her brief career.
OFF TO AGGANIS ON SATURDAY
- The Terriers will host RIT at Agganis Arena on Saturday afternoon.
- Puck drop is scheduled for 3 p.m.