|1st||18:35||BU||1-0||PP||Kristina Schuler (1)||Reagan Rust/1, Abbey Stanley/1|
|2nd||13:48||BU||2-0||PP||Nara Elia (1)||Kristina Schuler/1, Abbey Stanley/2|
|2nd||14:07||NOE||1-2||EV||Kasidy Anderson (1)||Taytum Clairmont/2, Brooke Hobson/2|
|2nd||18:28||NOE||2-2||EV||Taytum Clairmont (1)||Kasidy Anderson/2|
|OT||2:21||NOE||3-2||EV GW||Matti Hartman (1)||Veronika Pettey/1, Andrea Renner/1|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||OT||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Boston University (0-2-0)||2/2||2/4||0|
|Brittany Bugalski (W, 1-1-1)||62:21||2||8||5||8||1||22|
|Boston University Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||OT||Saves|
|Erin O'Neil (L, 0-2-0)||62:21||3||12||11||9||0||32|
BOSTON - Freshmen Nara Elia and Kristina Schuler each recorded their first collegiate goal, but the Boston University women's ice hockey team was defeated in overtime by No. 8 Northeastern, 3-2, on Friday night at Walter Brown Arena.
- Schuler opened the scoring with 1:25 remaining in the first period. With the Terriers on a power play, junior Reagan Rust fired a shot on goal. Brittany Bugalski (22 saves) made the initial stop, but the rebound popped out to Schuler and the freshman made no mistake to give BU a 1-0 lead.
- Elia capitalized on another power-play chance at the 13:48 mark of the second stanza to extend the lead to two goals. Schuler had the puck at the top of the right circle and found Elia open in the slot. Elia corralled the puck and quickly sent it past Bugalski.
- Northeastern responded 19 seconds later when Kasidy Anderson. That was followed by a Taytum Clairmont marker at the 18:28 juncture of the period to send the teams to the final frame tied, 2-2.
- After a scoreless third period, Matti Hartman notched the game-winner at the 2:21 mark of overtime.
STANLEY MAKES HER MARK
- Redshirt sophomore Abbey Stanley recorded her first two points as a Terrier on Friday, assisting on both Terrier goals.
- She also led the Terriers with six blocked shots.
- It was the first two-assist game of Stanley's career and her second career two-point effort.
- Last year at North Dakota, Stanley secured two points against Bemidji State on Oct. 28.
TWO GAMES, TWO POINTS FOR RUST
- Junior Reagan Rust is the lone Terrier to have recorded a point in each of the first two games of the season.
- She lit the lamp on Sept. 23 against Merrimack and set up Schuler's power-play marker.
- Rust also blocked five shots on Friday night.
NO POWER OUTAGE IN WALTER BROWN
- The Terriers were a perfect 2-of-2 on the power play Friday night.
- They also kept the Huskies scoreless on both of their power-play opportunities.
- BU improved to 3-of-6 on the power play through two games.
ANOTHER BUSY NIGHT FOR O'NEIL
- For the second straight game, senior Erin O'Neil stopped at least 30 shots.
- She made 32 saves on Friday after a 30-save performance on Sept. 23 against Merrimack.
BACK AT IT ON SATURDAY
- The Terriers won't have long to wait to face Northeastern again, as they will visit the Huskies on Saturday at 2 p.m.