|1st||3:48||BU||1-0||EV||Victoria Bach (33)||Rebecca Leslie/28|
|1st||5:55||BU||2-0||EV||Victoria Bach (34)||Mary Grace Kelley/9, Rebecca Leslie/29|
|1st||6:09||BU||3-0||PP GW||Jesse Compher (8)||Victoria Bach/23, Abby Cook/21|
|1st||14:03||HAR||1-3||EV||Brooke Jovanovich (7)||Ali Peper/9|
|2nd||5:06||HAR||2-3||PP||Chelsea Ziadie (2)||Kat Hughes/9, Emma Buckles/7|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Boston University (11-14-6)||1/3||4/8||0|
|Beth Larcom (L, 8-12-1)||58:53||3||8||11||10||29|
|Boston University Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Corinne Schroeder (W, 11-6-4)||59:41||2||9||7||8||24|
CHESTNUT HILL, Mass. - Senior Victoria Bach tallied two goals and freshman Jesse Compher scored the eventual game-winner to lift the Boston University women's ice hockey team to a 3-2 victory over Harvard in the opening round of the 40th annual Women's Beanpot on Tuesday night at Conte Forum.
BU (11-14-6) will play in the Beanpot title game for the first time since 2012. The Terriers are in search of their first Beanpot trophy since 1981.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Terriers scored three times in a span of 2:21 to take a 3-0 lead by the 6:09 mark of the opening stanza.
- Bach began the goal bonanza just 3:48 into the proceedings. After senior captain Rebecca Leslie won a battle in the defensive zone, Bach collected the puck and raced up the right wing. After a Harvard defender lost an edge, Bach sped to the right post and deposited a backhander past Beth Larcom (29 saves).
- She made it 2-0 at the 5:55 mark. Larcom turned aside Leslie's initial shot, but junior Mary Grace Kelley's pursuit of the rebound led to Bach getting a chance on the doorstep which she did not miss for her NCAA-best 34th goal of the season.
- Compher added to the BU lead just 14 seconds later when Bach found her wide open at the bottom of the right circle and Compher made no mistake for her eighth goal of the season.
- Harvard (9-13-2) scored the next two goals, lighting the lamp 14:03 into the first period and then again at the 5:06 mark of the second stanza, to cut the deficit to 3-2 entering the final frame.
- The Terriers continued to push the tempo in the final minutes, at one point hemming Harvard in its own zone for a two-minute span late in the frame.
- Freshman Corinne Schroeder (24 saves) saved the game for BU in the last minute, making three fantastic stops with a sea of Crimson at the top of the crease, to help BU hang on to the victory.
BACH ON TRACK
- Bach came within one goal of the century mark for her career with her two-goal effort on Tuesday.
- She sits at 99 career goals, with her latest marker moving her into a tie for first in the country with 34 goals this season.
- Bach recorded her NCAA-best 11th three-point game of the year as she also assisted on Compher's marker.
ANOTHER TWO-POINT NIGHT FOR LESLIE
- Leslie notched her 17th multi-point game of the season with her two-assist outing on Tuesday.
- She is now two assists from 100 for her illustrious career.
- On the season, Leslie has collected 47 points on 18 goals and 29 helpers.
COMPHER KEEPS CLICKING
- Compher collected her sixth goal in eight games on Tuesday night.
- She has been on a roll over the last nine games, recording a point in eight of those tilts (6g, 4a).
- Compher extended her point streak to six games (4g, 2a) on Friday.
- She now has eight goals and 15 assists for 22 points this season.
NEXT UP: BEANPOT CHAMPIONSHIP
- The Terriers will face either Boston College or Northeastern in the Beanpot title game next Tuesday at 7:30 p.m.