|1st||10:48||VER||1-0||EV||Rachael Ade (2)||Victoria Andreakos/4|
|1st||15:43||NOE||1-1||EV||Matti Hartman (4)||Ainsley MacMillan/6, Paige Savage/12|
|2nd||10:27||VER||2-1||EV||Bella Webster (1)||Allie Granato/1|
|3rd||9:23||NOE||2-2||EV||McKenna Brand (17)||Maddie Hartman/8|
|OT||1:46||VER||3-2||EV GW||Ève-Audrey Picard (5)||Alyssa Gorecki/5, Saana Valkama/8|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||OT||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Melissa Black (W, 3-3-1)||61:46||2||6||8||7||0||21|
|Brittany Bugalski (L, 11-5-3)||61:46||3||9||8||5||1||23|
BOSTON - Eve-Audrey Picard scored 1:46 into overtime to give Vermont (6-6-4, 4-2-3 WHEA) its second straight extra-time win in a 3-2 triumph over the Northeastern women's hockey team (11-6-3, 7-4-2 WHEA) on Sunday at Matthews Arena.
Junior McKenna Brand scored her team-leading 17th goal of the season to knot the game at 2-2 in the third period, but Vermont had the final say once again as Picard jammed home a loose puck in overtime to give the Catamounts the weekend sweep.
Freshman Matti Hartman also scored for the Huskies, while sophomore Brittany Bugalski made 23 saves.
- Vermont broke through first at the 10:48 mark of the first period when Victoria Andreakos tipped the puck back to Rachael Ade at the left point for a shot that traveled through a mass of bodies and
- Northeastern tied the score at 1-1 five minutes later. Senior Paige Savage dug the puck out of the corner and played a pass back to the right point for junior Ainsley MacMillan, who quickly tossed the puck at the net. The disc caromed off the skate of a UVM defender and slid right to the stick of Matti Hartman, who made no mistake at the left of the cage at the 15:43 mark.
- The Catamounts re-gained the lead at 10:27 of the second period when Bella Webster walked in alone from a tough angle at the right of the net and sniped a wrister under the crossbar to make it 2-1 UVM.
- Northeastern again knotted the scoreline, this time at the 9:23 mark of the third period. Sophomore Maddie Hartman was able to pitchfork the puck out of the NU zone onto the stick of Brand, who raced in alone on a breakaway and slipped a backhand through the five-hole of UVM netminder Melissa Black (21 saves).
- For the second straight game, Vermont had the final say as Eve-Audrey Picard knocked home a loose puck 1:46 into overtime following a net-mouth scramble.
- Vermont outshot Northeastern by a 26-23 margin.
- Both teams went 0-for-1 on the power play.
- McKenna Brand netted her 17th goal of the year, which ranks as the second-most in the NCAA this season (Minnesota's Dani Cameranesi has 18)
- Senior Paige Savage registered her 99th career point with an assist on Hartman's goal.
- Junior Lauren Kelly blocked a game-high five shots.
The Huskies return to action on Jan. 2, 2017 with a road game against Connecticut at 7 p.m.