|1st||13:32||NOE||1-0||EV||Shelby Herrington (3)||Kasidy Anderson/5, Ainsley MacMillan/9|
|1st||19:53||CON||1-1||PP||Briana Colangelo (7)||Justine Fredette/7, Kayla Mee/6|
|2nd||14:49||CON||2-1||EV||Leah Lum (14)||Briana Colangelo/13, Kayla Mee/7|
|2nd||18:55||NOE||2-2||EV||Kasidy Anderson (7)||Denisa Křížová/18|
|3rd||2:38||NOE||3-2||EV||Lauren Kelly (1)||Halle Silva/6|
|3rd||12:10||CON||3-3||EV||Marisa Maccario (3)||Kelly Harris/4, Rebecca Lindblad/3|
|3rd||17:27||NOE||4-3||EV GW||McKenna Brand (21)||Denisa Křížová/19, Hayley Scamurra/18|
|3rd||17:53||NOE||5-3||EV||Denisa Křížová (16)||Hayley Scamurra/19, McKenna Brand/11|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Annie Belanger (L, 8-10-3)||59:02||5||10||10||13||33|
|Brittany Bugalski (W, 15-7-3)||60:00||3||8||6||9||23|
BOSTON - Junior McKenna Brand broke a 3-3 tie with 2:33 remaining in the third period as the Northeastern women's hockey team (15-9-3, 11-7-2 WHEA) earned the regular season sweep over Connecticut (11-12-3, 6-9-1 WHEA) with a 5-3 victory on Saturday at Matthews Arena.
Brand notched her NCAA-leading 21st goal of the season off a pass from classmate Denisa Krizova, before returning the favor with an assist on Krizova's insurance goal just 28 seconds later. The deciding strike was Brand's fifth game-winning goal of the season, which is tied for the most in Hockey East and tied for the second-most in the NCAA.
Junior Shelby Herrington, sophomore Kasidy Anderson and junior Lauren Kelly also found the back of the net as NU extended its unbeaten streak against UConn to 21 straight games (18-0-3).
- Northeastern struck first at 13:32 of the first period when Herrington slammed home a rebound on the doorstep following a pair of saves by UConn netminder Annie Belanger (33 saves).
- Connecticut evened the score on the power play just over six minutes later when Briana Colangelo snuck a backhand inside the left post on a wrap-around with seven seconds remaining in the opening period.
- The visitors took their first lead of the game at 14:49 of the second period when Colangelo threw a pass across the crease for Leah Lum to fire home from point-blank range.
- NU bounced back to tie the score at 2-2 at 18:55 of the frame when Krizova teed up Anderson for a snipe from between the circles on the rush.
- The hosts pushed back ahead again at 2:38 of the third period when junior Halle Silva drove to the net along the left wing and centered for Kelly to fire home at the right of the cage.
- UConn responded to make it 3-3 at 12:10 of the final frame when Marisa Maccario wristed a shot inside the right post after a pair of saves by Bugalski in tight.
- Brand gave NU the lead for good with 2:33 remaining with her NCAA-best 21st goal of the season. Krizova gained the UConn zone with speed and dropped a pass to Brand for a rocket of a one-timer that clanged in off the crossbar to make it 4-3 Northeastern.
- Krizova then tacked on an insurance goal 28 seconds later, converting a feed from senior Hayley Scamurra at the right of the net.
- Northeastern earned the regular-season sweep of UConn and extended its unbeaten streak against the other Huskies to 21 straight games (18-0-3).
- McKenna Brand scored her NCAA-leading 21st goal of the year and her team-high fifth game-winning goal.
- Brand's five game-winners are tied for the second-most in the nation this season.
- Brand has scored the game-winning goal in each of Northeastern's last three wins.
- Brand (goal, assist), Denisa Krizova (goal, two assists), Hayley Scamurra (two assists) and Kasidy Anderson (goal, assist) recorded multi-point efforts.
- Lauren Kelly scored her first goal of the season Saturday.
- The NU Huskies out-shot the UConn Huskies by a 38-26 margin.
- Sophomore Brittany Bugalski made 23 saves to earn her 15th win of the season.
Northeastern will visit New Hampshire on Saturday, Jan. 28 at 2 p.m.