|1st||1:07||NOE||1-0||EV||McKenna Brand (5)||Hayley Scamurra/4, Denisa Křížová/6|
|1st||5:52||NOE||2-0||SH||Maddie Hartman (1)||Paige Savage/6|
|1st||11:48||BU||1-2||PP||Maddie Elia (5)||Samantha Sutherland/3, Savannah Newton/3|
|2nd||5:16||NOE||3-1||PP||McKenna Brand (6)||Hayley Scamurra/5, Denisa Křížová/7|
|2nd||14:55||NOE||4-1||SH GW||Hayley Scamurra (3)||Ainsley MacMillan/2|
|2nd||16:20||BU||2-4||PP||Victoria Bach (2)||Maddie Elia/4, Rebecca Leslie/6|
|3rd||7:34||BU||3-4||EV||Victoria Bach (3)||Savannah Newton/4, Nina Rodgers/4|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Boston University (3-3-1)||2/6||12/24||0|
|Brittany Bugalski (W, 6-1-1)||59:47||3||11||15||6||32|
|Boston University Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Victoria Hanson (L, 2-2-0)||59:56||4||9||12||15||36|
BOSTON - Junior Victoria Bach scored two goals and senior Maddie Elia added a goal and an assist, but the Boston University women's hockey team was edged by Northeastern, 4-3, on Tuesday night at Walter Brown Arena.
Final Score: Northeastern 4, Boston University 3
Records: BU (3-3-1, 2-3-0 WHEA), Northeastern (6-2-1, 2-0-0 WHEA)
Location: Walter Brown Arena - Boston, Mass.
- Northeastern opened the scoring just 1:07 into the proceedings and then added a shorthanded goal at the 5:52 mark of the opening period to take a 2-0 lead.
- Elia responded with a power-play goal at the 11:48 juncture of the first frame when she took a well-timed feed from senior Samantha Sutherland and one-timed the puck into an open net.
- McKenna Brand on the power play and Hayley Scamurra shorthanded extended the NU lead to 4-1 with 5:05 left in the second stanza.
- Bach quickly responded to Scamurra's strike with a power-play marker at the 16:20 mark of the period when she used her positioning at the right post to capitalize on a loose puck and beat Brittany Bugalski (32 saves).
- It was Bach again at the 7:34 mark of the third period, this time at even strength. Sophomore Savannah Newton's stretch pass found Bach at the Northeastern blue line, and after a nifty bout of stickhandling, she evaded a defender and backhanded the puck over Bugalski's blocker to cut the deficit to 4-3.
- The Huskies scored two separate shorthanded goals while BU was stymied on two separate shorthanded bids in the third period. Bach had a breakaway chance turned aside before junior Rebecca Leslie made a great move around a defender only to have Bugalski stay equal to the task.
- Newton posted her second two-assist game of the season. She also had a pair of helpers in the Terriers' 5-1 win over New Hampshire on Oct. 7.
- Leslie and junior Nina Rodgers also had an assist apiece.
- Senior Victoria Hanson made 36 saves and stopped all 15 shots she saw in the third period.
- BU held Northeastern to a 1-for-11 mark on the power play while converting two of its six power-play opportunities.
- BU will enjoy a 10-day break before a home-and-home series with Boston College that will begin at Chestnut Hill on Friday, Nov. 4.