|1st||17:37||CON||1-0||PP||Kelly Harris (2)||Jaime Fox/9, Jesssica Stott/6|
|2nd||4:37||BU||1-1||PP||Sammy Davis (6)||Alexis Crossley/8, Abby Cook/5|
|2nd||5:34||CON||2-1||SH GW||Marisa Maccario (1)||Kayla Mee/4, Lindsay Roethke/3|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Boston University (11-6-1)||1/7||7/14||0|
|Annie Belanger (W, 6-6-3)||60:00||1||8||13||7||28|
|Boston University Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Victoria Hanson (L, 8-3-0)||57:45||2||5||7||11||23|
BOSTON - Sophomore Sammy Davis scored her second goal in as many games, but the Boston University women's ice hockey team was edged by UConn, 2-1, on Saturday afternoon at Walter Brown Arena.
Final Score: UConn 2, Boston University 1
Records: BU (11-6-1, 7-6-0 WHEA), UConn (9-6-3, 4-3-1 WHEA)
Location: Walter Brown Arena - Boston, Mass.
- UConn opened the scoring with a power-play marker late in the first period.
- Davis responded with a power-play goal of her own 4:37 into the second period. Freshman Abby Cook cycled the puck to senior co-captain Alexis Crossley. She fired a shot towards goal, and Davis was in the right spot for a redirection and her sixth goal of the season.
- The Huskies responded with a shorthanded goal from Marisa Maccario 57 seconds later that proved to be the game-winner.
- Davis extended her point streak to four games (2g, 3a) with her goal.
- Senior goaltender Victoria Hanson made 23 saves.
- Hanson and the Terriers had their respective six-game win streaks snapped.
- Graduate student Mary Parker saw her incredible nine-game goal streak come to an end. Her 10-game point streak also ended.
- That was the Huskies' first win over the Terriers in 22 tries. BU entered the afternoon 20-0-1 against UConn, a streak that began with a victory in the 2010 Hockey East title game.
- The Terriers will host No. 2 Minnesota for a weekend series at Walter Brown Arena, the first time the teams will meet in Boston. Friday's game is set for 7 p.m.