|1st||4:06||BC||1-0||EV||Kristyn Capizzano (6)||Caitrin Lonergan/12, Delaney Belinskas/2|
|1st||4:48||NOE||1-1||EV||McKenna Brand (12)||Heather Mottau/7, Hayley Scamurra/9|
|2nd||6:35||BC||2-1||SH||Kenzie Kent (2)||Andie Anastos/6|
|2nd||18:45||NOE||2-2||SH GT||McKenna Brand (13)||Maddie Hartman/6|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||OT||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Boston College (9-3-3)||0/7||5/10||1|
|Boston College Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||OT||Saves|
|Katie Burt (T, 7-3-3)||64:29||2||6||8||12||2||28|
|Brittany Bugalski (T, 10-2-3)||65:00||2||9||10||11||6||36|
BOSTON - Junior McKenna Brand scored two goals and sophomore Brittany Bugalski made a season-high 36 saves as the No. 10 Northeastern women's hockey team (10-3-3, 6-1-2 WHEA) earned a 2-2 tie with No. 6/7 Boston College (9-3-3, 8-2-1 WHEA) on Sunday at Matthews Arena.
The Eagles twice led by one-goal margins, but the Huskies were able to fight back on both occasions to snap an 11-game losing streak against Boston College.
Northeastern's penalty kill negated all seven BC power-plays, including two in overtime, and registered its NCAA-leading sixth shorthanded goal of the year when Brand notched her second goal of the day late in the second period.
- Boston College struck first 4:06 into the game when Kristyn Capizzano tucked home a rebound at the left of the net after Catrin Lonergan's initial shot had struck the post and stayed out.
- Northeastern tied the score just 42 seconds later when Brand redirected a Heather Mottau point-shot past BC netminder Katie Burt (28 saves) amidst heavy traffic in front.
- The Eagles regained the advantage at 2-1 with a shorthanded goal at 6:35 of the second period. Following a neutral-zone turnover, Andie Anastos and Kenzie Kent exchanged passes, before Kent tipped one over the glove of Bugalski at the right of the cage.
- NU responded with a shorthanded goal of its own with 1:15 remaining in the second stanza. Sophomore Maddie Hartman initiated the play by wrapping the puck around the boards and out of the zone along the left wing. Brand then chopped the puck by a BC defenseman at the blueline, before racing in alone and burying a shot through the five-hole of Burt to tie it at 2-2.
- Northeastern potted its NCAA-best sixth shorthanded goal of the season; two of those goals have been scored by McKenna Brand.
- Brand recorded her fourth two-goal game of the season and ranks second in the NCAA with 13 goals on the year (Minnesota's Dani Cameranesi has 14).
- The Huskies snapped an 11-game losing streak against Boston College.
- Northeastern killed off all seven BC power plays; the Huskies' penalty kill ranks eighth in the nation at 90.4 percent.
- Brittany Bugalski made a season-high 36 saves as BC held a 38-30 shot advantage.
- Senior defenseman Heather Mottau finished the weekend with three points (goal, two assists).
- Junior Denisa Krizova was held off the scoresheet for only the second time this season (Sept. 30 vs. SLU).
- The Huskies extended their unbeaten streak to six straight games (4-0-2).
The Huskies and Eagles will square off once again next weekend at Matthews Arena. Puck drop on Saturday, Nov. 26 is set for 2 p.m.