MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. – In a rematch of a 2006 Women’s Frozen Four semifinal, Martine Garland (Toronto, Ontario) scored a power-play goal at 2:33 of overtime to lift the second-ranked University of New Hampshire women’s hockey team to Saturday night’s 6-5 victory against host and third-ranked University of Minnesota in the tourney finale of the Easton Shootout at Ridder Arena.

UNH improved to 4-0-0 by extending its regular-season unbeaten streak to 30 games (29-0-1) with its 18th straight win in regular season play. Minnesota, which ended the Wildcats’ 29-game unbeaten streak in last year’s Frozen Four semifinal, is now 1-1-0.

Garland finished with four points on two goals and two assists, as did Sam Faber (Mt. Sinai, N.Y.). Sadie Wright-Ward (Durham, N.H.) also recorded multiple points for the ‘Cats with a goal and an assist. Those three ‘Cats combined to produce the game-winning goal in OT.

UNH goaltender Melissa Bourdon (Ile Bizard, Quebec) finished with 24 saves, including 16 in the first period and one in the extra session. She also recorded her second career point with an assist on Faber’s power-play goal at 7:04 of the second period that pulled the ‘Cats within 3-2. UM counterpart Brittony Chartier recorded six of her 12 saves in the third period.

The Golden Gophers took a 1-0 lead on the first of two Kelli Blankenship goals at 9:00 of the first period. New Hampshire tied the score, 1-1, on Faber’s fourth goal of the season, which was set up by Garland at 14:58. UM regained the lead on a Blankenship tally at 16:12 and took that 2-1 advantage into the first intermission.

A goal by Andrea Nichols opened the second-period scoring at 1:06 and extended the home team’s lead to 3-1. Faber, with the assistance of Garland and Bourdon, trimmed UNH’s deficit to one goal and Garland scored 43 seconds later to pull the ‘Cats even at 3.

The Wildcats took their first lead of the game, 4-3, on an unassisted goal by Kelly Paton (Woodstock, Ontario) at 14:47 of the middle stanza.

Minnesota knotted the score, 4-4 on Whitney Graft’s power-play tally at 4:01 of the third period. Wright-Ward, with the assistance of Faber, put UNH back in front 5-4 at 12:43. UM’s Erica McKenzie struck at 18:06 to tie the game and force the overtime session.

New Hampshire returns to action Oct. 14 (12 p.m.) for its Hockey East league opener at the University of Maine. The next Wildcats’ home game is Oct. 20 (7 p.m.) vs. Brown.