February 20, 2014
Boston University and Boston College will face-off for two games this weekend
#6 Boston College vs. Boston University – Two-Game Series (Sat. at BC, Sun. at BU)
- The Eagles are 12-1-2 in their last 15 games, outscoring opponents 48-18 during the stretch for an average scoring margin of plus-2.0 goals per game.
- BU sophomore forward Sarah Lefort (Ormstown, Que.) leads Division I in goals with 29, and her eight game-winning goals are also tops in the nation.
Providence at Vermont – Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Gutterson Field House)
- Despite missing eleven games this season due to injury, Friars senior forward Corinne Buie (Edina, Minn.) is still tied for the team lead in scoring, with seven goals and 17 assists for 24 points.
- Vermont junior forward Brittany Zuback (Thunder Bay, Ont.) had a goal and an assist for the V-Cats when they beat PC 3-1 on Feb. 2 at Schneider Arena.
Northeastern vs. New Hampshire – Two-Game Series (Sat. at NU, Sun. at UNH)
- NU junior goalie Chloe Desjardins (Saint-Prosper, Que.) has stopped at least 90% of her shots faced in all 13 games played since the start of January. She also has not given up more than three goals in any game during the stretch.
- UNH senior forward Arielle O'Neill (St. Catherines, Ont.) leads all Hockey East skaters in conference faceoff percentage, winning 67.4% of her draws.
Maine at UConn – Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Freitas Ice Forum)
- Maine sophomore forward Audra Richards (Maplewood, Minn.) has scored 11 of her 12 overall goals this season in conference play.
- UConn sophomore forward Michela Cava (Thunder Bay, Ont.) had a pair of goals the last time these two teams met, a 4-4 tie in Orono on Nov. 3, 2013.
- Thirteen current or former Hockey East skaters earned medals at the Winter Olypmics in Sochi, Russia today, with BU's Marie-Philip Poulin (Beauceville, Que.) scoring both the game-tying and game-winning goals for Canada in the Gold Medal Game.
Gold Medal – Canada
- Goalie Genevieve Lacasse (PC), forward Marie-Philip Poulin (BU), forward Jennifer Wakefield (BU), defenseman Catherine Ward (BU), and defenseman Tara Watchorn (BU).
Silver Medal – United States
- Defenseman Kacey Bellamy (UNH), forward Alex Carpenter (BC), forward Kendall Coyne (NU), goalie Molly Schaus (BC), and forward Kelli Stack (BC).
Bronze Medal – Switzerland
- Forward Jessica Lutz (UConn), defensemanJulia Marty (NU), and Goalie Florence Schelling (NU).