February 13, 2014
Boston College heads to Maine for a two-game series
UConn at Northeastern – Two-Game Series (Sat., Sun. at Matthews Arena)
- NU is currently riding a six-game league winning streak, and the Huskies need just one point out of this weekend's series with UConn to clinch home-ice advantage in the Hockey East Quarterfinals.
- UConn sophomore goalie Elaine Chuli (Waterford, Ont.) has made 13 consecutive starts for her team, and she has given up two-or-fewer goals in 11 of those appearances.
Vermont at New Hampshire – Two-Game Series (Sat., Sun. at Whittemore Center)
- The Catamounts have a six-point cushion over UConn for fourth place in the Hockey East standings, with four games left to be played. Since joining Hockey East in 2005-06, Vermont has not finished the season higher than sixth in the standings.
- In conference play, UNH has killed off 60-of-65 opponents' power plays, for a penalty kill percentage of 92.3.
#7 Boston College at Maine – Two-Game Series (Sat., Sun. at Alfond Arena)
- BC's 2-0 loss to UConn marked the first time that the Eagles have been shutout in a conference game since Jan. 25, 2012, a span of 42 games.
- Maine sophomore forward Audra Richards (Maplewood, Minn.) has tallied the game-winning goal in all three of the Black Bears' league wins this season.
Providence vs. Boston University – Two-Game Series (Sat. at BU, Sun. at PC)
- BU's Sarah Lefort (Ormstown, Que.) leads Division I in goals (27) and game-winning goals (8), and her mark of 1.57 points per game is tied for third best in the nation with Minnesota's Rachael Bona
- The Friars beat the Terriers 4-3 on Jan. 17, as freshman forward Cassidy Carels (Bruxelles,
Man.) recorded two goals and two assists, and junior forward Haley Frade (Marion, Mass.)
chipped in three assists.