October 18, 2013
Maine hosts Quinnipiac for a pair of games this weekend
No. 10 Quinnipiac at Maine - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Alfond Arena)
- Junior goalie Meghann Treacy (Lake Peekskill, N.Y.) stopped a career-high 50 shots (.961 save%) in the 2-2 road tie at New Hampshire last Sunday. She was named Hockey East Defensive Player of the Week on Monday for her efforts.
- Maine's penalty kill (90%) ranks second in the league, killing off 9-of-10 of their opponents power plays.
Syracuse at Providence - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Schneider Arena)
- After the first four games, Providence's offense ranks 10th in the nation (2.75 gpg) and second in the league with 11 goals.
- Sophomore forward Molly Illikainen (Grand Rapids, Minn.) ranks third in the league with a faceoff winning percentage of 71% (64 of 90).
No. 8 Boston U. at Robert Morris - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at 84 Lumber Arena)
- The Terriers boasted an 8-3-3 road record last season, with all three losses coming against ranked opponents. BU is already 1-0-1 on the road this season thanks to an overtime win at Union and a tie at Rensselaer.
- BU is a perfect 10-for-10 on the penalty kill this season which leads the nation.
Yale (Sat.), Dartmouth (Sun.) at No. 2 Boston College (at Conte Forum)
- Sophomore forward Haley Skarupa (Rockville, Md.) currently leads the conference in point scoring (8), goals (6) and points per game (2.00). Her points per game average also ranks third best among Div. I skaters.
- The Eagles own a 12-5-1 record in their last 18 non-league contests dating back to the start of last season.
Northeastern at No. 5 Cornell - Two-Game Series (Sat., Sun. at Lynah Rink)
- The Huskies have scored five of their 10 goals this season in the third period and have allowed only one of 10 goals this season in the opening frame.
- Junior Chloe Desjardins' (Saint-Prosper, Beauce, Que.) 105 saves this season ranks third among league netminders.
Vermont at Rensselaer (Saturday at Houston Field House)
- Junior Amanda Pelkey (Montpelier, Vt.) has notched a point in three of her first four games of the
season for the Catamounts, including a career-high four points in a 5-2 win at RIT last Saturday.