September 27, 2013
New Hampshire plays a two-game series at St. Lawrence on Friday and Saturday
New Hampshire at St. Lawrence - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Appleton Arena)
- New Hampshire has a 31-3-2 all-time record in season openers, and that includes 14-1-1 on the road. The Wildcats are unbeaten in 11 consecutive season openers (10-0-1) dating back to the 2002-03 season.
- UNH has a 28-12-5 lifetime record, including 10-6-4 at Appleton Arena, against St. Lawrence. The Saints swept last November's two-game series at UNH's Whittemore Center by scores of 3-1 and 2-1, and they have a 2-1-2 edge the past five meetings.
- The Wildcats own a 21-10-6 record vs. ECAC opponents in the last five seasons, dating back to the 2008-2009 season.
- Brian McCloskey enters his 12th season as UNH's head coach. He has compiled a 246-104-38 overall record, which calculates to a .683 win percentage.
- Jessica Hitchcock (LaSalle, Ont.) will become the third current Wildcat to skate in 100 career games on Friday night, joining both Nicole Gifford (Ennismore, Ont.) and Arielle O'Neill (St. Catharines, Ont.).
Union at Connecticut (Saturday at Freitas Ice Forum)
- UConn first-year head coach Chris MacKenzie will make his Huskies' coaching debut on Saturday in Storrs vs. ECAC opponent Union College. MacKenzie owns a 23-31-10 career record in two seasons as Niagara women's head coach, including two second place finishes in the CHA.
- The Huskies return 17 players from last season's team and add seven newcomers into the mix for the upcoming season.
- UConn plays six of its first eight games at home to start the season, five of which are against ECAC teams.
- The Huskies dropped a 3-2 decision in their last meeting at Union on September 29, 2012 in
Schenectady, N.Y. Both of UConn's goals came via the power play. Freshman Elaine Chuli (Waterford,
Ont.) stopped 27 shots in her first career start.