February 22, 2013
Boston College and Boston University are tied at the top of the WHEA standings
No. 2 Boston College at Vermont - Two-Game Series (Sat., Sun. at Gutterson Fieldhouse)
- Alex Carpenter broke the league single-season points record (45) and goals (24) record in conference play. The previous points record was held by UNH's Sadie Wright-Ward with 39 points in 2005-06 and BC's Kelli Stack held the previous record in 2010-11 with 22 goals. NU's Kendall Coyne (Palos Heights, Ill.) also eclipsed Wright-Ward's mark with 40 points so far this season.
- The Eagles won the previous meeting by a 7-2 score on January 12 at Conte Forum. BC's line of Melissa Bizzari (Stowe, Vt.), Alex Carpenter (Reading, Mass.) and Haley Skarupa (Rockville, Md.) combined for 12 points (6g,6a) in the game.
- If BC and BU win both of their games this weekend, they have the same head-to-head record vs. teams 3-8. The No. 1 seed in the tournament would be determined by a coin flip on Sunday night. The Catamounts are locked into the sixth seed in the upcoming tournament and will play the No. 3 seed on the road.
Maine at New Hampshire - Two-Game Series (Sat., Sun. at the Whittemore Center)
- UNH won the previous meeting vs. the Black Bears by a 2-1 score on November 17 at Alfond Arena. UNH outshot Maine 40-23 for the game. Maine's Brittany Ott (St. Clair Shores, Mich.) recorded 38 saves in the losing effort.
- The Wildcats can finish anywhere from 3 to 5, but hold the head-to-head tiebreaker with PC. Maine will clinch the No. 7 seed in the tournament if they gain a point and UConn loses a point in their series.
Connecticut vs. No. 4 Boston University - Two-Game Series (Sat. at BU; Sun. at UConn)
- The Terriers were victorious in the first meeting on the season series by a 4-2 score at Freitas Ice Forum on January 8. Isabel Menard (Ottawa, Ont.) and Kayla Tutino (Lorraine, Que.) each notched three points (1g,2a) in the game.
- Junior forward Marie-Philip Poulin (Beauceville, Que.) has five points (2g,3a) in her last three games.
- The Huskies could take the seventh seed in the tournament with a sweep of BU.
No. 10 Northeastern vs. Providence - Two-Game Series (Sat. at PC; Sun. at NU)
- The Huskies won the first meeting of the series on January 20 at Matthews Arena (8-7). PC's Molly Illikainen (Grand Rapids, Minn.) and NU's Kendall Coyne each totaled four points (2g,2a) in the contest.
- Senior forward Rachel Llanes (San Jose, Calif.) needs three points to reach 100 career. She has recorded 98 points (38g,60a) in 134 career games for NU.
- Northeastern can clinch the third seed in the playoffs with a win or a tie. Providence can finish anywhere from
3-5 in the league standings.