~ No. 6 BC, UConn play in Nutmeg Classic; PC faces Brown in Mayor's Cup, Union ~
New Hampshire hosts No. 1 Minnesota for a two-game series this weekend
No. 6 Boston College vs. Quinnipiac (Fri.), vs. UConn/Yale (Sat.) Nutmeg Classic at Ingalls Rink
- The Eagles own a 1-1-1 record in non-league play to date this season.
- BC's 4.18 goals per game leads the league and ranks fourth among Div. I teams.
- Alex Carpenter's (Reading, Mass.) 10 goals ranks third in the league. She has scored three goals in the last
two games for the Eagles. BC owns a 5-1-1 record when she scored at least one goal.
Connecticut at Yale (Fri.) vs. No. 6 BC/Quinnipiac (Sat.) Nutmeg Classic at Ingalls Rink
- Kayla Campero's (Wallingford, Conn.) 49 shots on goal in the team best for the Huskies, which is also tied
for the ninth best total among WHEA skaters.
- The Huskies are looking for their second non-league win of the season, Syracuse in their lone victory of the
season outside the conference.
- Elaine Chuli (Waterford, Ont.) has started four of the last five games for UConn and has averaged 33.5 saves
per start during that time.
Providence at Brown (Fri. at Meehan Auditorium, Mayor's Cup)
- Providence leads the all-time series against Brown University with a 34-23-2 record. The teams will meet will
meet in the 18th annual Mayor's Cup on Friday night. In the last 10 meetings between the two teams, the Friars
lead the series 6-4-0.
- The Friars have scored 19 of their 44 goals in the second period this season and have allowed only 11 of
47 goals in the opening period this season.
No. 1 Minnesota at New Hampshire - Two-Game Series (Sat., Sun. at the Whittemore Center)
- Junior forward Jessica Hitchcock (LaSalle, Ont.) tallied three points (2g,1a) on Tuesday night in the 5-2 victory
against Quinnipiac. Jenn Gilligan (Maple Ridge, B.C.) notched 30 saves in net for her third win of the season
for the Wildcats.
- Hitchcock and Kristina Lavoie (Fonthill, Ont.) lead the team with 52 shots on goal each.
- UNH's scoring defense ranked third in the league allowing 2.71 goals per game, to go along with the third
best power play in the conference (20%). The Wildcats have allowed only 10 of their 38 goals in the third period
Union at Providence College (Sun. at Schneider Arena)
- The Friars will host Union College with a 2-0-0 all-time record against the Dutchwomen. The first time the two
teams met was Nov. 28, 2010 when the Friars played host to Union and came away with a 2-1 win. Junior Nicole
Anderson (Jordan, Minn.) recorded a goal and three assists in PC's 5-0 victory over Union on Nov. 27, 2011.