~ No. 7 NU, UConn play series; UNH entertains SLU; Vermont hosts Robert Morris ~
Connecticut plays a home-and-home series with Northeastern this weekend
Providence at Maine - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Alfond Arena)
- The Friars and Black Bears split the season series last year with two of those games going to overtime. PC
won the last meeting of the season in the WHEA quarterfinal playoffs by a 6-0 score at Schneider Arena in the last
meeting on February 25.
- Nicole Anderson's (Jordan, Minn.) team-leading 10 points (6g,4a) for the Friars ranks tied for fourth in the
league. She was named Athletic Republic Player of the Week on Monday for her five-point (3g,2a) weekend in the
series vs. SCSU.
- Senior forward Brittany Dougherty (Chesterfield, Mich.) notched a point in five of her first six games of the
season for the Black Bears.
No. 7 Northeastern vs. Connecticut - Two-Game Series (Fri. at UConn, Sat. at NU)
- Northeastern won the season series last year, 3-0 and outscored UConn by a combined 9-2 score in the
- NU's leads the league in both power play (25.8%) and penatly kill (96.9%) so far this season.
- Kendall Coyne's (Palos Heights, Ill.) nine goals currently leads the league and she has recorded four goals
in the last two games for NU.
- Junior goalie Sarah Moses (New Hamburg, Ont.) has started the last three games for UConn, posting at least
30+ saves in all three outings.
St. Lawrence at New Hampshire - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at the Whittemore Center)
- Senior forward Kristina Lavoie (Fonthill, Ont.) ranks third among active players with 89 career points (48g,41a)
in 107 career games for the Wildcats.
- UNH has compiled a 28-10-5 in the 43 game-series. In the last meeting, the score resulted in a 2-2 draw at
the Saints' arena on Oct. 21, 2011.
No. 3 Boston University at No. 8 Boston College (Sat. at Conte Forum)
- Sophomore forward Alex Carpenter (Reading, Mass.) notched a career-high five points (3g,2a) for the Eagles
and posted her first career hat trick in the 7-1 victory vs. No. 3 Boston University at Walter Brown Arena on
Wednesday night. Senior defenseman Blake Bolden (Stow, Ohio) notched a career-high four assists in the game
for the Eagles.
- BU senior forward Jenelle Kohanchuk (Winnipeg, Man.) became the first WHEA player this season to hit the
100 career point mark on Saturday, October 27.
Robert Morris at Vermont - Two-Game Series (Sat., Sun. at Gutterson Fieldhouse)
- The Catamounts are coming off a 5-1 loss to Rensselaer on Wednesday night. Junior forward Kellie Dineen
(Faribault, Minn.) scored the lone goal of the game for Vermont, while Kelci Lanthier (Mt. Airy, Md.) stopped 29
shots in the losing effort.