~ UConn, New Hampshire and Vermont battle for final playoff berth ~
Boston College and Northeastern enter the final weekend in a race for first place
Vermont at No. 4 Boston College - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Conte Forum)
• The Eagles won the first meeting of the season series on Jan. 14 in a 3-0 shutout in Chestnut Hill.
Dru Burns, Ashley Motherwell and Jackie Young all scored for BC. Corinne Boyles recorded 25 saves in her
third shutout of the season.
• Ashley Motherwell has posted eight points (3g,5a) in her last four games for the Eagles. She was
named Athletic Republic Player of the Week on Monday with seven points in three games last week for
• Roxanne Douville has registered 25+ saves in her last four starts for Vermont.
Providence vs. No. 7 Northeastern - Two-Game Series (Fri. at PC, Sun. at NU)
• The Huskies were victorious in the first matchup of the year, a 2-1 victory at the Bog on Jan. 15th.
Florence Schelling amassed 26 stops in her 13th win of the season, while Genevieve Lacasse registered
34 saves in the losing effort.
• Florence Schelling is leading the race to be crowned the WHEA Goaltending Champion leading the
league in GAA (1.36) and save percentage (.952).
• Genevieve Lacasse has won five straight decisions with a 1.40 GAA and a .949 save percentage for
New Hampshire at Maine - Two-Game Series (Sat., Sun. at Alfond Arena)
• Maine won the first meeting of the year back on Nov. 25 at the Whittemore Center in Durham. The
Black Bears shutout UNH, 3-0. Brittany Ott made 32 saves in her second shutout of the year.
• Kristina Lavoie has recorded 16 points (8g,8a) in the 2012 calendar year (11 games). She has tallied
a point in eight of 11 games with five multiple-point efforts.
• Maine's Brittany Dougherty ranks fifth in league play with 20 points (13g,7a) and her goal total is third
best among conference skaters.
Connecticut vs. No. 10 Boston University (Sat. at UConn, Sun. at BU)
• Boston University earned a win in the first meeting by a 4-2 score on Nov. 19 at Walter Brown Arena.
BU's Isabel Menard and UConn's Emily Snodgrass each posted two goals in the game. Alexandra Garcia
notched 50 saves in the loss for the Huskies.
• BU's Jenn Wakefield leads the conference scoring race with 30 points (14g,16a) by one point over
NU's Kendall Coyne (19-10-29).
• Nicole Paniccia has averaged 30 saves per start over the last five games for UConn. Paniccia's .942
save percentage in league play ranks second among Hockey East netminders.