~ Maine visits PC for two-game set; UNH travels to Dartmouth Sunday ~
Connecticut and Northeastern meet up for a home-and-home series this weekend
No. 9 Northeastern vs. Connecticut - Two-Game Series (Fri. at NU, Sat. at UConn)
• At 6-1-0, Northeastern is off to its best start in a decade; in 2001-02, the Huskies won their first ten games
of the season.
• Connecticut is 16-11-7 all-time against Northeastern. Last season, UConn won the season series, 1-0-2,
but Northeastern won the last meeting in the Hockey East quarterfinals on February 26 by a 4-0 score at Freitas
• UConn sophomore goalie Nicole Paniccia's .919 save percentage ranks fourth overall among WHEA netminders,
while senior Florence Schelling's 1.50 GAA and. 939 save percentage are best in the league and rank
Top 5 in the nation for Northeastern.
Maine at Providence - Two-Game Series (Sat., Sun. at Schneider Arena)
• The Friars earned a 9-3 win vs. Yale on Tuesday night at Schneider Arena. Sophomore goaltender Nina Riley
recorded her first collegiate victory in net, stopping 22 shots. Senior Ashley Cottrell accounted for a goal and
three assists to match a career-high with four points.
• Myriam Croussette ranks second in the conference in scoring with 13 points (6g,7a) in nine games for the
No. 6 Boston College at No. 5 Boston University (Sat. at Walter Brown Arena)
• Senior forward Jenn Wakefield became the first player in the conference's 10-year history to record 100
career goals on Wendesday night at Boston College. Wakefield has recorded 165 points (100g,65a) in 108
career games between BU and UNH.
• The Eagles' power play ranks first in the league at 24.3% (9 for 37), but went 0-for-6 on Tuesday vs. the
• BU goalie Kerrin Sperry recorded 30 saves on Tuesday night, as BC outshot BU, 31-15 for the game.
New Hampshire at Dartmouth (Sun. at Thompson Arena)
• UNH has a 33-12-4 lifetime record, including last year's 1-0 victory at the Whittemore Center, against intrastate
rival Dartmouth. The Wildcats are winners of four straight in this series by an aggregate score of 16-5 and
are 6-1-1 against DC the past five seasons.
• The Wildcats fell to Vermont by a 4-1 score on Thursday at the Whittemore Center