~ UVM entertains RPI; UConn, PC head to North Country; BC, Maine play on road ~
Boston College travels to #7 Minnesota Duluth for a pair of games this weekend
Syracuse (Fri.), Colgate (Sat.) at Northeastern (at Matthews Arena)
• Northeastern plays its first five contests at home, the program's longest season-opening homestand since
the 1992-93 season.
• Last year Northeastern and Syracuse opened their seasons against one another, and skated to a 4-4 draw
at Tennity Ice Pavilion. It was the first ever meeting between the two programs.
Colgate (Fri.), Syracuse (Sat.) at New Hampshire (at the Whittemore Center)
• Kristina Lavoie (Fonthill, Ont.) recorded her 50th career point on Sept. 30 at Niagara. She enters the week
with 29 goals and 23 assists for 52 points.
• UNH has a 5-2-0 lifetime record, including last year's 1-0 overtime road loss, against Colgate and a 1-1-0
lifetime record against Syracuse.
Niagara at No. 4 Boston University - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Walter Brown Arena)
• This weekend will mark the first meeting between the two schools. BU is 10-4-1 all-time against opponents
from College Hockey America.
• BU (1-1-0) split last weekend's opening series with North Dakota, winning the first game, 4-1, last Friday
before dropping a 5-1 decision to the Fighting Sioux on Saturday.
Rensselaer at Vermont - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Gutterson Fieldhouse)
• Vermont is 8-6-2 all-time against the Engineers. The two teams played to a 1-1 and 3-3 draw last October
in Troy, N.Y.
Maine at No. 9 Quinnipiac - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat at the TD Bank SportsCenter)
• The Black Bears split a home series with the Bobcats last October with each team winning a game by a
• Senior forward Dawn Sullivan (Enfield, N.S.) currently leads the league in scoring with six points (2g,4a) in
No. 5 Boston College at No. 7 Minnesota-Duluth (Sat., Sun. at the DECC)
• The Eagles return six of their top seven scorers from their roster, including leading returning scorer Mary
Restuccia (Chester Springs, Pa.), who posted 39 points (11g,28a) in 37 games in 2010-11.
Connecticut (Sat.), Providence (Sun.) at St. Lawrence (at Appleton Arena)
• Between 2006 and 2010, UConn has faced off five times with SLU being ranked. In those games, UConn
posted a record a 2-2-1, including a 3-2 road win against No. 3 St. Lawrence in 2007 and a 2-1 road win against
No. 5 SLU in 2009.
Providence (Sat.), Connecticut (Sun.) at Clarkson (at Cheel Arena)
• The Friars swept their home games with Clarkson (5-0) and St. Lawrence (6-1) last year at Schneider
• Genevieve Lacasse (Scarborough, Ont.) has made 70 saves to date this season, the most of any Div. I
goaltender. Her .959 save percentage ranks second in Hockey East.