~BC faces Maine, PC; UVM hosts two; UConn heads to Syracuse; NU heads to Maine~
Boston University travels to #1 Wisconsin for a two-game series this weekend
No. 4 Boston University at No. 1 Wisconsin (Fri., Sat. at the Kohl Center)
• Friday's game will mark the first time these two teams have met in the regular season, which is a rematch of
last year's NCAA Championship Game, which was the first-ever meeting between the two clubs.
• Senior captain Jenn Wakefield (Pickering, Ont.) is one goal shy of 100 for her career. In 105 career games,
Wakefield has amassed 162 career points (99g,63a), averaging 1.54 points per game.
• Sophomore Kerrin Sperry (Reading, Mass.) had a sensational road trip last weekend, as she stopped 68
shots in two games, including 36 at St. Lawrence on Saturday, to preserve a win and a draw.
No. 9 Northeastern at Maine (Fri. at Alfond Arena)
• The Huskies won the season series last year, 1-0-2, which included a 3-2 Northeastern victory in the last
meeting on January 15 at Matthews Arena.
• Myriam Croussette (Baie-Comeau, Que.) ranks second in the league in scoring with 11 points (6g,5a) in eight
games played for the Black Bears.
• Senior goaltender Florence Schelling's (Oberengstringen, Switzerland) 1.40 GAA and. 941 save percentage
both rank fifth in the country among Division I goaltenders.
No. 5 Boston College at Providence (Fri. at Schneider Arena)
• BC's power play ranks fifth in the nation at a 29.2% (7-for-24) efficiency rate.
• Sophomore forward Corinne Buie (Edina, Minn.; 1g,4a) leads the Friars offense with five points in eight
• The Friars are one of the least penalized teams in the conference, serving just 12.1 penalty minutes per game.
Five of the teams 10 goals have come in the second period, while PC has given up 10-of-23 in the first frame.
• BC has tallied 11-of-20 goals in the third period, but have given up only 3-of-13 in the same stanza.
Niagara at Vermont - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Gutterson Fieldhouse)
• Junior goalie Kelci Lanthier (Mt. Airy, Md.) has started four of seven games for the Catamounts so far this
season and made 58 saves in the two-game series split with Providence last weekend.
• The Catamounts have only allowed six of their 28 goals on defense this season in the opening period.
Connecticut at Syracuse - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Tennity Ice Pavilion)
• Nicole Paniccia's (Oakville, Ont.) .927 save percentage ranks eighth in the country among Division I goalies.
• Syracuse and Connecticut have met once in each of the past two seasons with the all-time series tied 1-1.
• Sami Evelyn (Nepean, Ont.) leads the Huskies with six points (2g,4a) this season in eight games. Last season,
it took Evelyn 14 games to score her sixth point of the season.
Maine at No. 5 Boston College (Sun. at Conte Forum)
• Freshman forward Alex Carpenter (Reading, Mass.; 5g,4a) leads the Eagles with nine points, while junior
defender Blake Bolden (2g,5a) is second on the team with seven. Carpenter's 1.50 points per game this season
is fourth best in the country by a rookie and Bolden's 1.17 is fifth highest among defensemen.
•Maine's 3.62 goals on offense ranks second among league teams and ranks 11th nationally.