~ No. 4 BU, UNH travel North; No. 6 BC, No. 8 NU square off with ECAC foes ~
The UConn Huskies host the Maine Black Bears for a two-game weekend series
Quinnipiac (Fri.), Dartmouth (Sun.) at Boston College (at Conte Forum)
• Alex Carpenter's 1.50 points per game is tied for third nationally among rookies, along with NU's Kendall
Coyne. She has a goal in each of the last three games for the Eagles.
• BC's power play currently ranks first in the league at a 21.1% (4-19) efficiency.
• The Eagles went 8-3-2 last season against non-league opponents.
Boston University at Clarkson (Fri.), at St. Lawrence (Sat.)
• BU is 2-1-0 all-time against the Golden Knights. The teams met last season, with the Terriers defending their
home ice to the tune of a 3-2 victory. BU lost, 7-2, on Oct. 24, 2009, the only time it has visited Potsdam, N.Y.
The Terriers are 1-0-2 all-time vs. St. Lawrence.
• BU owned a 8-0 record vs. ECAC teams last year and have not lost a game to an ECAC opponent since
November 27, 2009 vs. Princeton.
• The Terriers have won the past three games with three different starting goaltenders, and in all three games
the backstops were brilliant. Kerrin Sperry stopped 18 shots vs. Niagara on Oct. 7, Alissa Fromkin made 29 saves
in a 5-2 win over Niagara on Oct. 8 and Braly Hiller recorded 27 saves for her first collegiate win vs. Union.
New Hampshire at St. Lawrence (Fri.), at Clarkson (Sat.)
• UNH has a 28-10-4 lifetime record, including last year's 5-3 win at the Whittemore Center, against St. Lawrence.
The Wildcats have a 3-1-1 edge in the last five meetings overall. The Wildcats have a 6-1-0 lifetime record,
including last year's 2-1 victory at the Whittemore Center, against Clarkson.
• Freshman goaltender Jenn Gilligan was named WHEA Defensive Player of the Week on Monday. She backboned
UNH to a 1-1 tie vs. Boston College, stopping 24 of 25 shots on goal by the Eagles (.960 save%).
Maine at Connecticut -Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Freitas Ice Forum)
• The Huskies own a 19-10-3 lead in the all-time series with the Black Bears and have won six straight against
them over the past two seasons, by a combined score of 15-4.
• Freshman forward Emily Snodgrass leads the team in scoring with four points (2g,2a) in six games for
• The Black Bears offense is currently the most prolific in the league, scoring 4.17 goals per game, which
also ranks seventh among Division I teams.
Providence at Vermont -Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Gutterson Fieldhouse)
• The Friars currently enjoy an all-time record of 22-4 against the Catamounts. Last season, Providence won
two of three meetings. UVM won the last contest at Gutterson Field House, 1-0 on January 30.
• Roxanne Douville recorded 74 saves in the two-game series at North Dakota last weekend.
Northeastern at Princeton (Fri.), at Yale (Sat.)
• The Huskies were 8-2-2 in non-league play last year and own a perfect 4-0-0 record so far this season.
• Casey Pickett and Kendall Coyne each have registered six points in five games on the season to lead the
NU roster. Coyne has amassed a league-high 38 shots on goal this season.