~ UVM heads to No. 7 UND; UConn entertains No. 5 UMD; PC hosts No. 9 Mercyhurst ~
New Hampshire hosts Boston College on Friday night in WHEA action
No. 6 Boston College vs. New Hampshire - Two-Game Series (Fri. at UNH, Sat. at BC)
• UNH has a 44-5-4 all-time record, including 2-0-1 BC season series win in 2010-2011. The Wildcats have a
5-3-2 edge in the last 10 meetings. The home team has not been victorious each of the past six games; UNH is
2-0-1 at Conte Forum and BC is 3-0-0 at the Whitt during that span.
• Wildcats' junior forward Kristine Horn (Utica, Mich.) enters the weekend with a four-game goal-scoring
streak, while sophomore forward Nicole Gifford (Peterborough, Ont.) carries a four-game assist streak into the
• Alex Carpenter (Reading, Mass.) ranks fourth among Division I rookies averaging 1.50 points per game so
far this season.
Union (Fri.), Quinnipiac (Sat.) at No. 8 Northeastern (at Matthews Arena)
• Florence Schelling's (Oberengstringen, Switzerland) ranks fourth in the nation in both GAA (1.00) and save
• Northeastern is 3-0 all-time against Union, and has outscored the Dutchwomen over those games, 13-3. The
Huskies are 8-5-2 in the program's history against Quinnipiac. NU went 10-3-3 last year in non-league play.
No. 5 Minnesota-Duluth at Connecticut -Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Freitas Ice Forum)
• UConn will play their next four games at Freitas Ice Forum and host Maine in league play next weekend.
• Alexandra Garcia (Pointe-Claire, Que.) and Nicole Paniccia (Oakville, Ont.) each have started two games in net
for the Huskies so far this season. Paniccia has the better statistics to date with a 2.02 GAA and .920 save%.
Bemidji State at Maine -Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Alfond Arena)
• Freshman forward Jennifer More (Deloraine, Man.) leads all league rookies with five points in four games this
season for the Black Bears.
• Maine ranks fourth in the nation in scoring offense with 5.75 goals per contest.
• The Black Bears are one of three teams in the country to start the season with a 4-0-0 record.
No. 9 Mercyhurst at Providence College -Two-Game Series (Sat., Sun at Schneider Arena)
• Corinne Buie (Edina, Minn.) notched two points (1g,1a) and a game-high five shots on goal in the 3-3 tie with
St. Lawrence on Sunday.
• Genevieve Lacasse's 98 saves (Scarborough, Ont.) are most of any Hockey East goalie. Her .942 save
percentage is the second best in the conference.
• The Friars were 10-4-0 last season in non-conference games.
Vermont at No. 7 North Dakota -Two-Game Series (Sat., Sun. at Ralph Engelstad Arena)
• The Catamounts have allowed only one goal in the opening period this year in three contests.
• 13 of 18 skaters that have appeared in games this year for UVM, have already scored at least one point.
Union at No. 4 Boston University (Sat. at Walter Brown Arena)
• Senior forward Jenn Wakefield (Pickering, Ont.) leads the league with nine points (5g,4a) in four games this
season. She needs only four goals to reach the 100th of her career.
• The Terriers penalty kill ranks second in the nation at 96.2% (25 of 26).