~ No. 3 BU and UConn play home-and-home set; UNH hosts Maine for two ~
Northeastern will play road contests at Vermont and Boston College this weekend
Northeastern at Vermont (Fri.) at No. 8 Boston College (Sun.)
- NU goalie Florence Schelling in six career games vs. Vermont boasts a 4-1-1 record with a 0.99 GAA and a
.957 save percentage.
- The Huskies are 2-2-2 on the road in Hockey East league games this season.
- NU leads the season series with UVM, 1-0-1, which included a 4-1 win at Matthews Arena back on Oct. 30.
- The Eagles have won both meeting of the season with NU by a combined score of 7-2.
No. 9 Providence at No. 8 Boston College (Fri.) at Vermont (Sun.)
- The Friars won the first meeting of the season series last week on Jan. 21 by a 3-1 at Schneider Arena. PC
goalie Genevieve Lacasse stopped 51 of 52 shots by BC in the victory.
- The Friars won the season series with Vermont last year, 2-1-0, including a two-game sweep in the final
weekend of the regular season by scores of 4-2 and 5-2.
- Lacasse sports a save percentage of .945 that ranks third in the nation. Her goals against average of 1.73
ranks eighth nationally. She needs just one more save to tie former US Olympian Sara DeCosta for second on the
Friars' all-time saves list. DeCosta reached 2,324 stops in 2000.
No. 3 Boston University vs. Connecticut - Two-Game Series (Fri. at BU, Sat. at UConn)
- UConn owns a 9-5-3 all-time record against the Terriers. The Terriers have won the last two meetings as
they blanked UConn, 4-0, at Freitas Ice Forum on Dec. 4 in the first meeting of the season series and downed the
Huskies, 2-1, in overtime of the 2010 WHEA Championship Game.
- BU freshman Marie-Philip Poulin ranks first among NCAA rookies and is tied for fourth in the nation in points
per game (2.05).
- BU's Kerrin Sperry remains unbeaten to begin her collegiate career at 14-0-2. Her 1.36 GAA is best among
Maine at New Hampshire - Two-Game Series (Sat., Sun. at the Whittemore Center)
- The Black Bears won the first meeting of the season series by a 4-1 score in Lewiston on Nov. 23.
- The Wildcats have a 16-1-1 all-time home record vs. Maine. UNH is unbeaten in 13 consecutive home games
(12-0-1) since January 2002.
- Kayley Herman, in her first action since. Dec. 4, recorded a career-high 40 saves to backbone the 'Cats to
a 4-3 overtime victory at No. 9 Northeastern on Jan. 22. She had double-digit saves in the first (12), second (12)
and third (16) periods.