~UConn, PC host Clarkson, SLU; UVM plays two at RPI; BU travels to Union; NU at QU~
Maine hosts #3 Mercyhurst for two games this weekend
Vermont at Rensselaer - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat.)
• The Catamounts have won three consecutive season openers and hold an overall record of 4-4-1
in season openers since becoming a Division I program in 2001.
• Vermont is 8-6 all time against the Engineers. The teams last met Jan. 29, 2006, a 4-3 Vermont
win at Gutterson Fieldhouse.
No. 9 New Hampshire at Syracuse (Fri.) at Colgate (Sat.)
• New Hampshire has a 5-1-0 lifetime record, including last year's 4-0 win at home, against Colgate.
The Raiders' only win occurred in UNH's most recent visit to Starr Rink in Nov. 2008 (5-4).
• The Wildcats opened each of the previous two seasons with six-game unbeaten streaks with a
5-0-1 mark in 2010 and a 4-0-2 record in '09.
No. 10 Boston College at Colgate (Fri.) at Syracuse (Sat.)
• Last year Boston College split the Colgate-Syracuse weekend at home in Kelley Rink. After tying
Syracuse 3-3 in an overtime contest, the Eagles defeated Colgate 5-3 in a thrilling comeback win.
• BC starts its season with five straight road games before the home opener Oct 24 vs. Brown.
St. Lawrence (Sat.), Clarkson (Sun.) at Providence
• The Friars went 0-1-1 in their trip to the North Country last year with both games going to OT.
Clarkson (Sat.), St. Lawrence (Sun.) at Connecticut
• The Huskies downed St. Lawrence last year (2-1) and were shutout by Clarkson, 4-0.
No. 6 Boston University at Union (Sat.)
• The Terriers went 4-2-7 last year in 15 non-conference contests.
• Jenn Wakefield recorded her 100th career point with four points Sunday vs. North Dakota.
Northeastern at Quinnipiac (Sat.)
• The Bobcats were victorious in the last meeting a 1-0 shutout on Oct. 17. Florence Schelling
made 18 saves in the loss.
No. 3 Mercyhurst at Maine - Two-Game Series (Sat., Sun.)
• Sophomore Brittany Dougherty leads the ranks first among conference skaters with seven points
and five assists.