CANTON, N.Y. - Parker Ford scored twice, Jack Dugan and Tyce Thompson each posted three points as the No. 13/12 Providence College men's hockey team blanked St. Lawrence, 6-0, on Friday night at SUNY Canton.
Providence - 6 | St. Lawrence - 0
No. 13/12 Providence - 2-1-0 (1-0-0 HEAM) | St. Lawrence - 1-2-0 (0-0-0 ECAC)
Roos House at SUNY Canton - Canton, N.Y.
Michael Lackey (PC) - 27 saves
Daniel Mannella (SLU) - 27 saves
Francis Boisvert (SLU) - 10 saves
- Parker Ford had a brilliant look on the opening power play opportunity as he one-timed a loose puck in the slot that Mannella fought off with the shoulder.
- Lackey stood tall for the Friars during a Saints flurry as he turned away four-consecutive shots during a net mouth scramble.
- Patrick Moynihan struck for his first collegiate goal with a power play marker at 19:55 of the first period to give Providence a 1-0 lead.
- Craig Needham led the Friars with three shots on goal in the opening period.
- Providence held a 16-11 advantage in shots through 20 minutes.
- The Friars exploded for three goals in the middle stanza, as Parker Ford, Tyce Thompson and Luke Johnson all found the back of the net for Providence.
- Ford and Johnson both registered their first career goals in the second period as Providence outshot the Saints 19-9 and 35-20 through two periods.
- Providence extended its lead to 6-0 in the opening 3:29 of the third period as Jack Dugan netted his third of the season, followed by Ford's second tally of the night.
- Lackey finished the night with 27 saves for his second shutout of the season and third of his career.
- Dugan has now posted three-consecutive multi-point and multi-goal efforts to start the season and has nine points total (3-6-9).
- Thompson recorded his fourth career three-point game and his second this season.
- Greg Printz extended his point streak to three games to begin the season with an assist on Moynihan's goal in the first period for his seventh point of the season.
- Luke Perunovich notched his first career point with an assist on Ford's goal at 3:29 of the third period.
- The Friars' line of Printz-Ford-Dugan have now combined for 21 points (10-11-21) over the first three games.
HOW THEY SCORED
1-0 (PC) - 7:21/1st - PP - Patrick Moynihan (Printz, Thompson) - Centering pass from Printz to Moyihan at the top of the crease.
2-0 (PC) - 5:14/2nd - EV - Parker Ford (Mirageas, Dugan) - Re-direct of a point shot from Mirageas.
3-0 (PC) - 7:28/2nd - PP - Tyce Thompson (Moynihan, Dugan) - Collected a rebound from Moynihan, curled and dragged the puck around Manella and finished on the backhand.
4-0 (PC) - 10:46/2nd - EV - Luke Johnson (unassisted) - One-timer from the half wall inside the far post.
5-0 (PC) - :33/3rd - EV - Jack Dugan (Thompson) - Centering feed from Thompson to Dugan into an open net.
6-0 (PC) - 3:29/3rd - EV - Parker Ford (Perunovich) - Ford circled the net and sent a shot that banked in off of Boisvert's pad.
PC GAME HIGHS
Goals: Ford (2)
Assists: Dugan, Thompson (2)
Points: Dugan, Thompson (3)
Shots: Ford (7)
Providence - 2/5
St. Lawrence - 0/4
Providence - 43
St. Lawrence - 27
The Friars will continue their road trip in North Country against No. 10/9 Clarkson on Saturday night (Oct. 19) beginning at 7:30 p.m.