|1st||9:00||DAR||1-0||EV EA||Matt Baker (3)||Alex Jasiek/4, Connor Yau/1|
|1st||10:32||DAR||2-0||PP GW||Matt Baker (4)||Alex Jasiek/5, Corey Kalk/6|
|1st||18:23||UNH||1-2||EV||Chris Miller (3)||Liam Blackburn/8, Brendan van Riemsdyk/6|
|2nd||18:17||DAR||3-1||PP||Quin Foreman (1)||Will Graber/4, Jamie McLaughlin/1|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|New Hampshire (9-8-1)||0/3||8/16||0|
|New Hampshire Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Daniel Tirone (L, 9-8-1)||57:53||3||7||9||11||27|
|Devin Buffalo (W, 4-4-0)||59:57||1||15||10||10||35|
HANOVER, N.H. - Matt Baker scored two goals for the Big Green as the No. 16 University of New Hampshire men's hockey team fell to Dartmouth, 3-1, on Friday evening at Thompson Arena on the first day of the Ledyard Classic. No. 17 Minnesota Duluth defeated Yale in today's first game, 5-0. The Wildcats will take on Yale on Saturday, Dec. 30 at 4:00 p.m. to conclude their play in the tournament, while Minnesota Duluth will play Dartmouth at 7:00 p.m.
NEXT HOME GAME
The Wildcats will return to the Whittemore Center on Saturday, Jan. 6, to take on Brown at 7:00 p.m. The game will be "Youth Hockey Night" and there will be a hockey lace bracelet giveaway. Tickets can be purchased at the Whittemore Center Box Office, online at UNHWildcats.com or by calling 603-862-4000.
Score: Dartmouth 3, #16 UNH 1
Records: New Hampshire (9-8-1, 4-5-1 HEA); Dartmouth (4-8-1, 2-4-1 ECAC)
Location: Hanover, N.H. (Thompson Arena)
Date: Friday, Dec. 29, 2017
Time: 7:00 p.m.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Big Green took a 1-0 lead when Baker found the back of the net at 9:00 of the first period.
- Then just 1:32 later and with the Big Green on the power play, Baker scored his second straight goal to increase the lead to 2-0.
- At 18:23, junior Chris Miller (Windham, N.H.) scored on a rebound off a shot by sophomore Liam Blackburn (Prince George, British Columbia). Sophomore Brendan van Riemsdyk (Middletown, N.J.) also posted an assist on the goal. The goal was the third of the season for Miller.
- UNH outshot Dartmouth, 16-9 for the period, while the Wildcats went 0-2 on the power play and the Big Green went 1-2.
- At 18:17 of the second period, Quin Foreman tipped in a shot by Will Graber to give the Big Green a 3-1 lead. The goal was the second on the power play for the Big Green.
- Each team took 10 shots, while the Big Green went 1-2 on the man-advantage.
- Neither team was able to find the back of the net in the third period for the 3-1 final score.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- UNH outshot Dartmouth, 36-30.
- The Wildcats went 0-3 on the power play, while the Big Green went 2-7.
- Senior Danny Tirone (Trumbull, Conn.) made 27 saves, while Devin Buffalo posted 35.