|1st||6:50||BU||1-0||EV||Patrick Curry||Jake Witkowski, Drew Melanson|
|1st||7:37||PEI||1-1||EV||Marcus Power||Darcy Ashley, Brent Andrews|
|1st||19:56||BU||2-1||PP||Brady Tkachuk||Shane Bowers, Chad Krys|
|2nd||14:00||BU||3-1||PP||Brandon Hickey||Chad Krys, Bobo Carpenter|
|2nd||14:17||PEI||2-3||EV||Nathan Yetman||Tanner McCabe|
|2nd||15:36||PEI||3-3||PP||Sam Aulie||Cody Payne, Filip Rydstrom|
|2nd||17:47||BU||4-3||PP||Chad Krys||Brady Tkachuk, Brandon Hickey|
|3rd||2:41||PEI||4-4||EV||Sam Aulie||Chad Labelle, Bobby Zinkan|
|3rd||7:28||PEI||5-4||EV||Chad Labelle||Riley Whittingham|
|3rd||13:48||BU||5-5||PP GT||Brady Tkachuk||Shane Bowers, Hank Crone|
|Prince Edward Island||1||2||2||0||5|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||OT||SOG|
|Prince Edward Island||8||10||8||1||27|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Prince Edward Island||1/3||11/22||0|
|Prince Edward Island Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||OT||Saves|
|Matt Mahalak (T)||65:00||5||8||11||12||5||36|
|Boston University Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||OT||Saves|
|Max Prawdzik (T)||64:45||5||7||8||6||1||22|
BOSTON - The No. 2 Boston University men's ice hockey team skated to a 5-5 tie against Prince Edward Island in an exhibition contest on Sunday afternoon at Agganis Arena.
Freshman Brady Tkachuk scored two goals, including the game-tying tally, and added an assist while sophomore Chad Krys also had a three-point night with a goal and two helpers.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- After BU took a 3-1 lead with six minutes left in the second period, the visiting Panthers rallied put together a 4-1 run over a span of 13 minutes to take a 5-4 lead with 12:32 left in regulation.
- Tkachuk scored BU's fourth power-play goal of the contest with 6:12 left in the third to send it to overtime, where the Terriers held a 5-1 shot advantage but could not muster a winner.
- Sophomore Patrick Curry opened the scoring 6:50 into the proceedings with BU's only even-strength goal of the night.
- UPEI got an equalizer less than two minutes later from Marcus Power but Tkachuk potted a rebound on a power play with four seconds left in the opening period to give the Terriers a 2-1 lead heading into the first intermission.
- Senior Brandon Hickey created the 3-1 cushion for BU with a power-play marker from a tough angle at 14:00 of the second but the Panthers came right back 17 seconds later with a tally from Nathan Yetman to get back within a goal.
- Sam Aulie made it 3-3 just over a minute later on the power play with the first of his two goals.
- A man-up goal from Krys gave BU the lead back with 2:13 left in the second.
- Aulie's second goal of the night created yet another tie at 4-4 at 2:41 of the third before the Panthers' go-ahead goal came from the stick of Chad Labelle.
- The final goal of the game came on a power-play rush as freshman Hank Crone sent a pass up to classmate Shane Bowers, who drew in the defense before passing off to Tkachuk at the right circle, where he blasted a shot to the top corner of the far post.
- The Terriers held a 41-27 shot advantage and got a 22-save effort from redshirt sophomore Max Prawdzik.
- Hickey (1g, 1a) and Bowers (2g) had multi-point nights while senior Drew Melanson, junior Bobo Carpenter and freshman Jake Witkowski each picked up an assist.
- BU was 4-for-10 on the power play and killed off two of the Panthers' three chances with the man advantage.
- Matt Mahalak recorded 36 saves in goal for UPEI.
- The Terriers will return to action on Sunday (Oct. 8) when they visit No. 14/13 Quinnipiac.
- Game time is set for 2 p.m.