|1st||15:18||COR||1-0||EV||Beau Starrett (1)||Mitch Vanderlaan/5, Alex Green/3|
|2nd||6:51||COR||2-0||EV||Trevor Yates (7)||Morgan Barron/5, Jeff Malott/6|
|2nd||9:06||COR||3-0||PP||Alec McCrea (4)||Morgan Barron/6, Alex Green/4|
|3rd||4:48||BU||1-3||PP||Dante Fabbro (4)||Bobo Carpenter/5, Chad Krys/10|
|3rd||11:51||COR||4-1||EV GW||Tristan Mullin (1)||Dwyer Tschantz/1, Brenden Locke/3|
|3rd||13:45||BU||2-4||PP EA||Chad Krys (3)||Bobo Carpenter/6, Dante Fabbro/5|
|3rd||15:02||BU||3-4||EV||Patrick Harper (6)||Brady Tkachuk/9, Dante Fabbro/6|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Boston University (6-8-1)||2/3||4/8||0|
|Boston University Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Jake Oettinger (L, 5-7-1)||57:32||4||14||4||8||26|
|Matthew Galajda (W, 8-1-0)||60:00||3||9||13||13||35|
NEW YORK - A late rally came up just short for the No. 19 Boston University men's ice hockey team on Saturday evening at Madison Square Garden as No. 7 Cornell held off the Terriers, 4-3, to earn its first Red Hot Hockey win in six tries.
Sophomore Dante Fabbro scored a goal and added two assists for the Terriers, who move to 6-8-1 on the season. Cornell got goals from four different players and improved to 9-1-0.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Cornell took a 3-0 lead into the third period before Fabbro got BU on the board with a power-play goal from the top of the zone with 15:12 left in regulation.
- The Big Red made it 4-1 at 11:51 of the third before the Terriers made things interesting by scoring twice in a span of 77 seconds.
- BU threatened to knot it up with an extra attacker but the Big Red hung on to claim the one-goal win.
- Beau Starrett opened the scoring at 15:18 of the opening period with a goal from the inside of the left circle.
- Cornell doubled its lead when Trevor Yates scored his team-leading seventh goal of the season at the 6:51 mark of the middle stanza.
- With the Big Red skating on a power play, Alec McCrea threw the puck towards the net and it went off a BU defender and in to make it 3-0 with 10:54 left in the second.
- After Fabbro got BU on the board, Cornell's Tristan Mullin reestablished a three-goal lead for the Big Red.
- The Terriers utilized an extra attacker on a power play to score a 6-on-4 goal at 13:45 of the third as sophomore Chad Krys one-timed a shot to to the back of the net from above the right circle.
- Moments later, sophomore Patrick Harper redirected an offering by freshman Brady Tkachuk past Cornell netminder Matthew Galajda to make it 4-3 with just under five minutes left in regulation.
- The Terriers were undefeated in the first five Red Hot Hockey games against Cornell (3-0-2).
- BU recorded 38 shots on goal, nine more than Cornell has allowed in any game this season.
- Fabbro assisted on BU's final two goals to match a career high with three points.
- Sophomore goaltender Jake Oettinger made 26 saves for the Terriers while Galajda turned aside 35 BU shots.
- The Terriers went 2-of-3 on the power play and killed off two of the Big Red's three chances with the man advantage.
- Sophomore Bobo Carpenter had two assists and Krys added a helper for a two-point night.
- Attendance for the game was 14,606.
- The Terriers now turn their attention to No. 14/13 Boston College as the archrivals kick off their annual home-and-home series on Friday (Dec. 1) at Conte Forum in Chestnut Hill.
- Game time is set for 7 p.m.