|2nd||11:38||BU||1-0||SH||Bobo Carpenter (1)||-|
|2nd||12:57||CON||1-1||PP||Johnny Austin (1)||Maxim Letunov/4, Alexander Payusov/2|
|2nd||17:10||BU||2-1||SH||Bobo Carpenter (2)||Jordan Greenway/2|
|3rd||7:30||CON||2-2||PP GT||Alexander Payusov (5)||Maxim Letunov/5, Johnny Austin/6|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||OT||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Boston University (2-2-1)||0/1||3/6||2|
|Adam Huska (T, 2-2-1)||65:00||2||14||12||5||2||33|
|Boston University Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||OT||Saves|
|Jake Oettinger (T, 2-2-1)||64:47||2||7||11||10||3||31|
BOSTON - Junior Bobo Carpenter scored a pair of shorthanded goals in the second period but visiting UConn drew even in the third period and the No. 7/8 Boston University men's ice hockey team settled for a 2-2 tie on Friday evening at Agganis Arena.
The Terriers, who were playing in their Hockey East opener, move to 2-2-1 overall and 0-0-1 in league play while the Huskies now stand at 2-2-1 with a 1-1-1 conference mark.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- All four goals came during UConn power plays as Carpenter notched a pair of shorthanded goals and the Huskies converted twice on the man advantage.
- On the Huskies' first power play of the night, Carpenter forced a turnover before scoring off a backhand on a breakaway to open the scoring at 11:38 of the second.
- UConn quickly equalized later in the power play on a shot from the center point by Johnny Austin.
- Carpenter came through once again on the the penalty kill, taking advantage of a miscue by UConn netminder Adam Huska and converting off a backhanded wraparound at the 17:10 mark of the middle stanza.
- The Huskies' third and final power play of the night created a second tie that was never broken as Alexander Payusov knocked in a rebound at the left post with 12:30 let in regulation.
- Carpenter became the first Terrier to score two shorthanded goals in game since Cason Hohmann performed the feat against Merrimack in the Hockey East quarterfinals on March 14, 2015.
- BU held a 35-33 shot advantage, including a 14-7 margin in the scoreless opening period.
- Sophomore Jake Oettinger recorded 31 saves for the Terriers while Huska stopped 33 shots for the Huskies.
- BU has only scored one even-strength goal over its past three contests.
- Carpenter's goals were his first of the season.
- Payusov and Johnny Austin each added an assist while Maxim Letunov added a pair of helpers.
- Junior Jordan Greenway picked up an assist on Carpenter's second goal.
- The two teams will wrap up their weekend home-and-home series on Saturday at the XL Center in Hartford.
- Game time is 5 p.m.