|1st||3:14||BC||1-0||EV||Jacob Tortora||David Cotton, Christopher Brown|
|1st||7:05||BC||2-0||EV||David Cotton||Connor Moore, Christopher Brown|
|2nd||1:07||BC||3-0||EV GW||Jesper Mattila||Graham McPhee, JD Dudek|
|2nd||18:59||NBR||1-3||PP||Chris Caissy||Cam Brace, Chris Clapperton|
|3rd||3:59||BC||4-1||EV||Connor Moore||Ron Greco, Casey Carreau|
|3rd||15:49||NBR||2-4||EV||Chris Clapperton||Dylan Willick|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|New Brunswick Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Alex Dubeau (L)||40:00||3||9||5||0||14|
|Boston College Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Ryan Edquist (W)||20:00||1||0||16||0||16|
CHESTNUT HILL, Mass. - Boston College scored early and often and never surrendered the lead as the Eagles claimed a 4-2 triumph in their first test of the season.
Newcomer Jacob Tortora started things off for BC with a goal three minutes into the game to set the pace for the maroon and gold.
All three BC goaltenders played as Joseph Woll earned the victory. Woll started the contest while Ryan Equist staffed the pipes in the second period and Ian Milosz cleaned up the duties in the third.
New Brunswick - 4 / No. 13 Boston College - 2
Warrior Ice Arena / Boston
New Brunswick (0-0-0) / No. 13 Boston College - (0-0-0)
BC HIGHLIGHTS & GAME NOTES
- Connor Moore and David Cotton lead the way for Boston College with a goal and assist each while captain Christopher Brown added a pair of assists.
- Jacob Tortora scored the Eagles' first goal of the season and his first in maroon and gold 3:14 into the contest.
- Jesper Mattila netted his first goal of the season 1:07 into the second period.
- Joseph Woll picked up the win, stopping all nine shots he faced in the second period. Ryan Edquist stopped 16-of-17 shots in the second frame while Ian Milosz denied 9-of-10 shots in the third period.
- New Brunswick outshot the Eagles, 36-22.
FIRST GOAL (1-0 - BC) FIRST PERIOD - Jake Tortora - 3:14 - EVEN STRENGTH
• Boston College jumped out early, scoring off an offensive zone draw at 3:14 of the first period. Christopher Brownwon the draw, getting the puck into the near left corner and David Cotton gave chase. Jacob Tortora broke loose from the play and Cotton connected with him in front and the freshman duped UNB goaltender Alex Dubeau for the 1-0 lead.
SECOND GOAL (2-0 - BC) FIRST PERIOD - David Cotton - 7:05 - EVEN STRENGTH
• Cotton doubled up the Eagle advantage at 7:05 of the first period, capitalize on an offensive rush. Connor Mooregenerated the play, digging the puck out behind BC's net and connected with Christopher Brown on the flank. Cotton caught up to the play and after some back-and-forth in front of the Varsity Reds' net, Cotton was able to clean up the carom for the 2-0 lead.
THIRD GOAL (3-0 - BC) SECOND PERIOD - Jesper Mattila - 1:07 - EVEN STRENGTH
• Jesper Mattila put Boston College up 3-0 early in the second period with a wrister from within the blue line. JD Dudekpitchforked the puck out of the near corner to Graham McPhee on the right circle. McPhee skated it through the zone and connected with Mattila at the top of the zone where he sent it past Dubeau with traffic in front 1:07 into the second frame.
FOURTH GOAL (3-1 - UNB) SECOND PERIOD - Chris Caissy - 18:59 - POWER PLAY
• Connor Moore (17:12 - slashing) and Michael Kim (18:03 - high-sticking) went to the box, respectively, late in the second period and New Brunswick capitalized on the two-man advantage with 61 seconds to play in the period. Cam Brace connected with Chris Caissy on the near post with the extra room and Caissy blasted it past BC netminder Ryan Edquist at 18:59 to cut it to 3-1.
FIFTH GOAL (4-1 - BC) THIRD PERIOD - Connor Moore - 3:59 - EVEN STRENGTH
• Moore reclaimed Boston College's three-goal pad on a nice breakaway move at 3:59 of the third period. Dudek duped the Varsity Reds' forecheck with a clever pass to Moore on the red line and the defenseman was off to the races. Moore made one move on UNB goalie Ryan Parenteau and beat him with the forehand for the 4-1 lead.
SIXTH GOAL (4-2 - UNB) THIRD PERIOD - Chris Clapperton - 15:49 - EVEN STRENGTH
• Chris Clapperton cut BC's lead back down to a pair of goals with 4:11 left to go after stripping the puck down low from the Eagles. The right winger snuck if past Ian Milosz down low on the near post to move the count to 4-2.
BOSTON COLLEGE GAME LEADERS
Points: Connor Moore (1 - 1 - 2) / David Cotton (1 - 1 - 2) / Christopher Brown (0 - 2 - 2)
Goals: Connor Moore (1 - 1 - 2) / David Cotton (1 - 1 - 2) / Jesper Mattila (1 - 0 - 1) / Jacob Tortora (1 - 0 - 1)
Assists: Christopher Brown (0 - 2 - 2)
Shots: Jesper Mattila ( 3 )
Faceoffs Won: Christopher Brown (13 - of - 20)
New Brunswick: 1 - for - 4
Boston College: 0 - for - 4
New Brunswick: 5 - for - 13
Boston College: 5 - for - 10
BOSTON COLLEGE LINES
McPhee - Jul. Mattila - Dudek
Cotton - Brown - Tortora
Hutsko - Rasanen - Booth
Grando - Greco - Carreau
Karow - Kim
McInnis - Fitzgerald
Jes. Mattila - Moore
No. 13 Boston College kicks off the 2017-18 home slate on Friday, Oct. 6 at Kelley Rink when the Eagles welcome No. 14 Quinnipiac to The Heights for the first time in program history.
Game time is scheduled for 7 p.m. and will be available on ESPN3.