|1st||1:32||BC||1-0||EV||Aapeli Räsänen (3)||Christopher Grando/6, Logan Hutsko/9|
|1st||2:16||BC||2-0||EV||Ron Greco (2)||Kevin Lohan/2, Zach Walker/1|
|1st||10:25||BU||1-2||EV||Brandon Hickey (2)||Logan Cockerill/3, Shane Bowers/4|
|1st||13:35||BU||2-2||EV||Logan Cockerill (3)||Shane Bowers/5, Patrick Harper/10|
|1st||18:14||BU||3-2||SH||Brady Tkachuk (2)||Jordan Greenway/7, Brien Diffley/2|
|2nd||2:41||BC||3-3||EV||Ron Greco (3)||Luke McInnis/4, Connor Moore/4|
|2nd||5:43||BU||4-3||PP||Chad Krys (4)||Bobo Carpenter/7, Patrick Harper/11|
|2nd||7:54||BU||5-3||EV GW||Brandon Hickey (3)||Brady Tkachuk/10, Drew Melanson/3|
|2nd||8:41||BU||6-3||PP||Bobo Carpenter (9)||Patrick Harper/12, Dante Fabbro/7|
|2nd||19:10||BC||4-6||PP||Julius Mattila (5)||Connor Moore/5, Aapeli Räsänen/7|
|3rd||19:25||BU||7-4||EV EN||Shane Bowers (7)||Patrick Harper/13|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Boston University (7-8-1)||2/5||7/14||1|
|Boston College (8-6-2)||1/5||7/14||0|
|Boston University Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Jake Oettinger (W, 6-7-1)||60:00||4||6||14||9||29|
|Boston College Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Joseph Woll (L, 6-5-2)||59:23||6||13||9||6||28|
CHESTNUT HILL, Mass. - No. 15 Boston College got off to a fast start against its arch rival, but Boston University responded quickly and claimed the 275th installment of The Battle of Comm Ave, 7-4, on Friday night at Kelley Rink.
Sophomore forward Ron Greco turned in a career performance, netting his first-career two-goal showing while Aapeli Rasanen and Julius Mattila both found the back of the net for their third and fifth goals, respectively.
Boston University outshot the Eagles, 35-33, and capitalized on two of its five power play opportunities. Mattila's tally was also on the power play, marking his first power play goal of the season and second of his career.
r/v Boston University - 7 / No. 15 Boston College - 4
Kelley Rink at Conte Forum / Chestnut Hill, Mass.
r/v Boston University (7-8-1 / 5-4-1 HEA) / No. 14 Boston College - (8-6-2 / 8-2-0 HEA)
BC HIGHLIGHTS & GAME NOTES
- Sophomore forward Ron Greco turned in his first-career two-goal performance in Friday's first installment of this year's Battle of Comm Ave. The Philadelphia native had three goals in 50 previous games as an Eagle before netting a pair in his 51st game in the maroon and gold. Greco's two-goal showing stands as Boston College's seventh two-goal performance of the season.
- Freshman forward Aapeli Rasanen posted his third-career multi-point performance in his 16th game of his career. It marked the first time the Finnish product scored a goal and an assist in a game this season.
- Sophomore defenseman Connor Moore accounted for his second-career multi-point performance in Friday's contest against BU. Moore also recorded two assists as a freshman in his game at Wisconsin last season on October 16, 2016.
- Zach Walker notched his first assist of the season and sixth of his career on Friday night against BU. Graduate student Kevin Lohan accounted for his second helper as an Eagle, as well.
FIRST GOAL (1-0 - Boston College) FIRST PERIOD - Aapeli Rasanen - 1:32 - EVEN STRENGTH
• The Eagles wasted no time getting the capacity crowd to its feet, attacking on a faceoff play in Boston University's zone. Aapeli Rasanen won the draw and the puck fluttered into the far corner where Logan Hutsko chased it down. Hutsko tipped it out to Christopher Grando on the far boards and Rasanen swooped behind the play. Grando connected with Rasanen between the circles and he ripped it past BU goaltender Jake Oettinger 92 seconds into the game for a 1-0 Eagle edge.
SECOND GOAL (2-0 - Boston College) FIRST PERIOD - Ron Greco - 2:16 - EVEN STRENGTH
• Forty-four seconds later, Ron Greco scored in similar fashion, in tight on Oettinger at 2:16. Zach Walker fished the puck off the far wall just within the blue line to Kevin Lohan, stationed just above the right circle. Lohan took a couple long strides and smashed it at Oettinger, yielding a big rebound out front. Greco stormed the crease and batted it back over the goal line to increase BC's early lead, 2-0.
THIRD GOAL (2-1 - Boston University) FIRST PERIOD - Brandon Hickey - 10:25 - EVEN STRENGTH
• Boston University stopped the bleeding at 10:25 of the first period on a strike by Brandon Hickey. Shane Bowers fired an initial shot from the slot that pinballed behind the boards. Logan Cockerill chased it down and tried to stuff the puck on BC's netminder Joseph Woll, but he made the original save. The puck got shuffled back to the top of the zone and Hickey sent a blistering slap shot through heavy traffic past Woll to make it a 2-1 affair.
FOURTH GOAL (2-2 - Boston University) FIRST PERIOD - Logan Cockerill - 13:35 - EVEN STRENGTH
• The Terriers tied things up three minutes later in tight at 13:35 of the first period. Patrick Harper got the puck in deep, rimming around the near corner to Bowers in the far corner to Woll's left. Bowers dispensed the puck towards the crease where Cockerill gathered it and beat Woll up high to make it a 2-2 game.
FIFTH GOAL (3-2 - Boston University) FIRST PERIOD - Brady Tkachuk - 18:14 - SHORT HANDED
• BU's Kasper Kotkansalo took a hitting from behind penalty late in the first but it was the Terriers who turned their penalty-killing efforts into their first lead of the night. Brien Diffley swatted a puck away from a play down low in BU's zone where Jordan Greenway relayed it to Brady Tkachuk from the red line. Tkachuk had no one front of him as the BU forward walked in on Woll alone and beat him with a snap shot on the breakaway at 18:14 for a 3-2 Terrier advantage with the short-handed marker.
SIXTH GOAL (3-3 - Boston College) SECOND PERIOD - Ron Greco - 2:41 - EVEN STRENGTH
• Out of the chute to start the second, BC did not let BU's lead last long as Greco tallied his second of the night at 2:41 to tie it back up, 3-3. Connor Moore generated the play with a vicious slap shot out wide from the right circle. Oettinger blocked the initial blast but it caromed out to the short side where Luke McInnis managed to get a couple good whacks at it. McInnis's last shot bounced out to Greco on the left post and he was able to bury the rebound over Oettinger's outstretched right pad.
SEVENTH GOAL (4-3 - Boston University) SECOND PERIOD - Chad Krys - 5:41 - POWER PLAY
• Boston University reclaimed its one-goal lead on the power play at 5:43, triggering a three-goal spurt within the next three minutes. With extra room, Harper got the puck out from behind the net where Bob Carpenter relayed it on to the right dot. Chad Krys gathered it, skated it in and zipped it past Woll from the right dot to make it a 4-3 BU lead.
EIGHTH GOAL (5-3 - Boston University) SECOND PERIOD - Chad Krys - 5:41 - POWER PLAY
• The Terriers attacked at 7:54 to claim a two-goal edge. Drew Melanson dug the puck out of the near corner and Tkachuk got a stick on it to wobble the puck and throw BC's defense off its mark. The puck trickled over to Hickey on the far side and he potted it from the slot to move the count to 5-3.
NINTH GOAL (6-3 - Boston University) SECOND PERIOD - Bobo Carpenter - 8:41 - POWER PLAY
• BU's Bobo Carpenter scored on the power play 47 seconds later, taking advantage of McInnis hooking infraction. Dante Fabbro broke up a play in the neutral zone and Harper gathered the loose puck and skated it into BC's zone. Harper brought the puck low behind Woll and pitchforked it through traffic to the right dot. Carpenter gathered it and quickly tossed it to the back of the net at 8:41 to make it a 6-3 Terrier lead.
TENTH GOAL (6-4 - Boston College) SECOND PERIOD - Julius Mattila - 8:41 - POWER PLAY
• Brien Diffley took a late hooking call at 18:49 of the second and Boston College took advantage with 50 seconds left in the frame. Rasanen made a heads up play by getting into a scrum and pushing the puck back atop the zone to BC's defense. Moore steadied the puck, skating it back a bit to create some room and discharged the pass to Julius Mattila atop the right circle. Mattila's one-timer blasted whizzed right through traffic to the back of the net at 19:10 to close the gap, 6-4, with the late power play goal.
ELEVENTH GOAL (7-4 - Boston University) THIRD PERIOD - Shane Bowers - 19:25 - EMPTY NET
• The Terriers capped the contest with a Shane Bowers empty-netter with 35 seconds to play. Harper knocked it loose along the near boards and Bowers gathered it in stride, skated it in and ended things a 7-4.
BOSTON COLLEGE GAME LEADERS
Points: Ron Greco (2 - 0 - 2) / Aapeli Rasanen (1 - 1 - 2) / Connor Moore (0 - 2 - 2)
Goals: Ron Greco (2 - 0 - 2)
Assists: Connor Moore (0 - 2 - 2)
Shots: JD Dudek ( 4 ) / Kevin Lohan ( 4 )
Boston University: 2 - for - 5
Boston College: 1 - for - 5
Boston University: 8 - for - 16
Boston College: 7 - for - 14
BOSTON COLLEGE LINES
Cotton - Jul. Mattila - Tortora
Grando - Räsänen - Hutsko
McPhee - Brown - Dudek
Carreau - Greco - Walker
Karow - Fitzgerald
Kim - Lohan
Boston College and Boston University close out the regular-season series of The Battle of Comm Ave. tomorrow night down Commonwealth Avenue at Agganis Arena. Saturday night's puck drop is set for 7 p.m.