|1st||4:44||PRV||1-0||EV GW||Erik Foley (11)||Bailey Conger/2, Vincent Desharnais/4|
|2nd||10:51||PRV||2-0||EV||Brian Pinho (7)||Erik Foley/12, Josh Wilkins/9|
|2nd||18:57||PRV||3-0||EV||Scott Conway (4)||Brandon Duhaime/7, Jacob Bryson/12|
|3rd||8:26||PRV||4-0||EV||Greg Printz (2)||Bailey Conger/3|
|3rd||9:02||PRV||5-0||EV||Josh Wilkins (6)||Brian Pinho/8, Erik Foley/13|
|3rd||18:23||PRV||6-0||PP||Ben Mirageas (6)||Jacob Bryson/13, Josh Wilkins/10|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Arizona State (4-11-4)||0/3||6/12||0|
|Arizona State Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Joey Daccord (L, 4-10-4)||60:00||6||10||17||10||37|
|Hayden Hawkey (W, 11-7-0)||52:22||0||10||1||2||13|
PITTSBURG, Penn. - Erik Foley and Josh Wilkins each registered three points as the No. 11 Providence College men's hockey team got goals from six different players in a 6-0 win over Arizona State on Friday night in the semifinals of the Three Rivers Classic.
No. 11 Providence - 6 | Arizona State - 0
Providence - 11-7-1 (6-4-1 HEA) | Arizona State - 4-11-4
PPG Paints Arena - Pittsburgh, Pa.
Hayden Hawkey (PC) - 13 saves; Gabe Mollot-Hill - 4 saves; Jake Beaton - 0 saves
Joey Daccord (ASU) - 37 saves
- Moments after their initial power play expired, Erik Foley extended his team lead in goals as he struck for his 11th of the season at 4:44. Bailey Conger and Vincent Desharnais earned the assists on the play.
- Josh Wilkins nearly doubled the lead for the Friars and he wired a wrist shot destined for the top right corner, but ASU's Joey Daccord flashed the glove and snared the sophomore's bid.
- The Friars killed off the Sun Devils' lone power play opportunity of the period and held a 11-10 edge in shots after 20 minutes of play.
- Providence out-shot the Sun Devils by a 19-1 margin in the second period.
- The Friars added three insurance markers in the third period - Greg Printz, Josh Wilkins, and Ben Mirageas extended the Providence lead to 6-0.
- Goaltenders Gabe Mollot-Hill and Jake Beaton made appearances in the third period. Beaton's appearance was the first of his career for the walk-on senior.
- Midseason addition Davis Bunz made his collegiate debut on Friday night, finishing with a +2 rating.
- Foley has multi-point efforts in four of his last seven games. Since returning from injury on Oct. 21, he has totaled 10 goals and 12 assists in 15 games. He moves into a tie with Northeastern's Adam Gaudette for the Hockey East scoring lead with 24 points.
- Wilkins recorded his second three-point game of the season on Friday.
- Freshman Bailey Conger has three assists in his last two games.
- Jacob Bryson notched the eighth two-assist game of his career, assisting on the Conway and Mirageas goals.
- Blocked shots: Arizona State 25, Providence 18.
HOW THEY SCORED
1-0 (PC) - 4:44/1st - EV - Erik Foley (Conger, Desharnais) - Foley controlled a bouncing puck in the slot and fired a wrist shot under the glove of Daccord.
2-0 (PC) - 10:51/2nd - EV - Brian Pinho (Foley, Wilkins) - Centering feed from Foley to Pinho for a one-timer at the bottom of the circles.
3-0 (PC) - 18:57/2nd - EV - Scott Conway (Duhaime, Bryson) - Duhaime feed Conway diagonally through the seam and he finished off his own rebound over the blocker of Daccord.
4-0 (PC) - 8:26/3rd - EV - Greg Printz (Conger) - Conger forced a turnover and centered a pass to Printz who beat Daccord over the glove.
5-0 (PC) - 9:02/3rd - EV - Josh Wilkins (Pinho, Foley) - One-timer off a centering feed from Pinho.
6-0 (PC) - 18:23/3rd - PP - Ben Mirageas (Bryson, Wilkins) - One-timer from the point after a feed from Bryson.
PC GAME HIGHS
Goals: Conway, Foley, Mirageas, Pinho, Printz, Wilkins (1)
Assists: Bryson, Conger, Foley, Wilkins (2)
Points: Foley, Wilkins (3)
Shots: Wilkins (6)
Providence - 1/6
Arizona State - 0/3
Providence - 43
Arizona State - 17
The Friars will meet the winner of either Lake Superior State or Robert Morris tomorrow night at 7:30 p.m. in the Three Rivers Classic Championship Game.