|1st||7:58||BU||1-0||PP||Brandon Hickey (4)||Hank Crone/4, Drew Melanson/7|
|1st||11:51||BU||2-0||EV||Dante Fabbro (8)||Drew Melanson/8, Brady Tkachuk/14|
|2nd||0:54||ASU||1-2||PP||Johnny Walker (9)||Brett Gruber/12, Brinson Pasichnuk/14|
|2nd||7:05||ASU||2-2||SH||Jacob Wilson (2)||-|
|2nd||7:24||BU||3-2||EV||Brien Diffley (1)||Nikolas Olsson/3, Dante Fabbro/11|
|3rd||8:41||BU||4-2||EV GW||Shane Bowers (12)||Dante Fabbro/12, Logan Cockerill/7|
|3rd||14:40||ASU||3-4||PP||David Norris (5)||Brinson Pasichnuk/15, Brett Gruber/13|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Boston University (13-11-2)||1/8||15/46||0|
|Arizona State (7-16-5)||2/7||18/71||1|
|Boston University Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Jake Oettinger (W, 12-10-2)||59:51||3||5||4||9||18|
|Arizona State Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Joey Daccord (L, 7-14-5)||58:48||4||16||15||6||37|
TEMPE, Ariz. - The Boston University men's ice hockey team completed a weekend sweep of Arizona State with a 4-3 victory on Saturday evening at Oceanside Ice Arena.
Sophomore Dante Fabbro tallied a goal and two assists and was one of three defensemen who lit the lamp for the Terriers. Freshman Shane Bowers provided the eventual game-winner to help BU stretch its unbeaten streak to six games (5-0-1) and improve to 13-11-2 on the year.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- After posting an 8-0 win in the series opener on Friday, BU picked up where it left off as senior captain Brandon Hickey scored a power-play goal 7:58 into the game before his d-partner, Fabbro, made it 2-0 less than four minutes later.
- It took a 5-on-3 power play for the Sun Devils to finally solve BU netminder Jake Oettinger as Johnny Walker got the home team on the board 54 seconds into the second.
- A shorthanded goal by ASU's Jacob Wilson made it a 2-2 affair at the 7:24 mark of the second but senior Brien Diffley gave BU the lead back for good just 19 seconds later.
- A rebound attempt by Bowers that was initially ruled a no-goal ended up being overturned, giving the Terriers a 4-2 advantage with 11:19 left in regulation.
- ASU made things interesting when a power-play shot from the top of the zone by David Norris bounced through traffic and in with 5:20 to play.
- Oettinger and the Terrier defense held on to extend the team's win streak to four games.
- The teams combined for 33 penalties and 117 penalty minutes, including five 10-minute misconducts and the Sun Devils' second game misconduct in as many nights.
- BU held a 41-21 shot advantage but went just 1-for-8 on the power play.
- ASU got a 37-save effort from Joey Daccord and scored on two of its seven chances with the man advantage.
- Senior Drew Melanson had his first two-assist game as a Terrier.
- Fabbro led all players in points (3) and rating (+3).
- Wilson's tally for the Sun Devils marked the first time all season that BU gave up a shorthanded goal. Oettinger has given up just one even-strength goal in the past 235 minutes of play.
- The Terriers will return to Hockey East play when they visit Amherst on Friday (Feb. 2) for their first meeting of the season with Massachusetts.
- The game, which starts at 7 p.m., will be televised on NESN and ElevenSports.