|1st||7:20||BU||1-0||PP GW||Bobo Carpenter (14)||Brandon Hickey/4, Dante Fabbro/9|
|1st||17:29||BU||2-0||EV||Hank Crone (2)||Ty Amonte/3, Cam Crotty/5|
|1st||18:56||BU||3-0||EV||Brady Tkachuk (6)||Jordan Greenway/14, Cam Crotty/6|
|1st||19:17||BU||4-0||EV||Shane Bowers (11)||Logan Cockerill/6|
|2nd||5:35||BU||5-0||EV||Bobo Carpenter (15)||John MacLeod/3|
|2nd||12:41||BU||6-0||EV||Chase Phelps (1)||Gabriel Chabot/1, Jake Witkowski/2|
|2nd||19:11||BU||7-0||PP||Brady Tkachuk (7)||Dante Fabbro/10, Jordan Greenway/15|
|3rd||6:51||BU||8-0||EV||Bobo Carpenter (16)||Gabriel Chabot/2|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Boston University (12-11-2)||2/5||4/8||0|
|Arizona State (7-15-5)||0/3||7/33||0|
|Boston University Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Jake Oettinger (W, 11-10-2)||59:56||0||14||3||6||23|
|Arizona State Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Joey Daccord (L, 7-13-5)||40:00||7||8||12||0||20|
GLENDALE, Ariz. - The Boston University men's ice hockey team stretched its unbeaten streak to five games with an 8-0 victory over Arizona State at Gila River Arena in the first-ever meeting between the two schools.
The Terriers jumped out to a 4-0 lead in the first period and never looked back to improve to 12-11-2 on the year.
Junior Bobo Carpenter recorded his second hat trick of the season and added an assist for a four-point night. Freshman Brady Tkachuk had his first two-goal game as a Terrier and sophomore Jake Oettinger stopped all 23 shots he faced for his third shutout of the season.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Arizona State came out of the gates strong but freshman Johnny Walker - the team's leading goal scorer - took a major penalty just over four minutes into the game and BU capitalized.
- Carpenter notched a power-play goal at the 7:20 mark before the Terriers closed out the first period with three goals in a span of 1:48.
- Freshman Hank Crone potted a rebound at 17:29 before fellow rookies Tkachuk and Shane Bowers scored 21 seconds apart to give BU a 4-0 lead heading into the first intermission.
- The Terriers dominated play in the second with three more goals and a 15-3 shot advantage.
- Carpenter pushed the lead to 5-0 at 5:35 of the middle stanza and senior Chase Phelps' first tally of the season made it 6-0.
- Tkachuk tacked on a power-play goal in the final minute of the second and Carpenter scored the lone goal of the third period to complete the hat trick.
- BU held a 41-23 shot advantage and went 2-for-5 on the power play while successfully killing off all three of ASU's chances with the man advantage.
- Since coming back from World Juniors, Oettinger has posted a 4-0-1 record with a .938 save percentage and a 1.58 goals-against average.
- Sophomore Gabriel Chabot had two assists for his first multi-point game as a Terrier.
- The two teams will wrap up their weekend series on Saturday (Jan. 27) at Oceanside Ice Arena, the Sun Devils' home rink in Tempe.
- Game time is set for 9 p.m. ET.