|1st||10:43||ARM||1-0||EV||Brendan Soucie (3)||Dominic Franco/12|
|1st||14:39||ARM||2-0||EV||Tyler Pham (5)||Zach Evancho/4, Joe Shecter/1|
|1st||14:53||UNH||1-2||EV||Eric MacAdams (2)||-|
|2nd||2:55||ARM||3-1||EV||Zach Evancho (4)||-|
|3rd||3:43||UNH||2-3||EV||Eric MacAdams (3)||Chris Miller/5|
|3rd||6:58||ARM||4-2||EV GW||Dominic Franco (6)||Michael Wilson/7, Alex Wilkinson/8|
|3rd||9:38||UNH||3-4||EV||Anthony Wyse (3)||Charlie Kelleher/8, Liam Blackburn/7|
|Army West Point||2||1||1||4|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||SOG|
|Army West Point||6||9||6||21|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Army West Point (8-8-2)||0/1||5/32||0|
|New Hampshire (9-6-1)||0/3||2/4||0|
|Army West Point Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Jared Dempsey (W, 2-1-1)||60:00||3||12||14||11||37|
|New Hampshire Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Daniel Tirone (L, 9-6-1)||59:07||4||4||8||5||17|
DURHAM, N.H. - Freshman forward Eric MacAdams (Salem, Mass.) scored his second and third career goals as the No. 13/15 University of New Hampshire men's hockey team fell to the Army West Point Black Knights, 4-3, on Saturday evening.
Sophomore defenseman Anthony Wyse (Newton, Mass.) also scored for UNH as he cut the lead to one goal late in the third, but the Wildcats were held off in the final three minutes.
Senior goaltender Danny Tirone (Trumbull, Conn.) made 17 saves in the loss; his record on this season is now 9-6-1.
Tomorrow, Sunday, Dec. 10 at 4:00 p.m., the Wildcats host Merrimack for Star Wars Night and the second Dick Umile commemorative pin giveaway. Tickets can be purchased at the Whittemore Center Box Office, online at UNHWildcats.com or by calling 603-862-4000. The game will be streamed live on ESPN3 and can by viewed through WatchESPN.
Score: Army West Point 4, #13/15 New Hampshire, 3
Records: New Hampshire (9-6-1, 4-4-1 HEA), Army West Point (8-8-2, 6-7-2 AHC)
Location: Durham, N.H. (Whittemore Center)
Date: Saturday, Dec. 9, 2017
Time: 7:00 p.m.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Army got the first two goals of the game 10 minutes and 14 minutes into the period on odd-man rushes.
- Just 14 seconds after the second Army goal, MacAdams answered back with a fast break of his own. His 1-on-1 with the goalie ended in his favor as he slipped the puck past Army goalie Jared Dempsey, who seemed to get a piece of it as it went by.
- The Black Knights got on the board early in the second, getting a turnover in the offensive zone and scoring 2:55 into the period with a goal by Zach Evancho.
- The Wildcats drew a five minute major penalty out of the Black Knights, but couldn't find the back of the net after having their own two minute minor break up the power play just one minute in.
- The Wildcats found a spark in the third, as 3:43 into the period UNH prolonged a play in front of Dempsey, and MacAdams picked up the puck behind the net and knocked the puck in off a wrap-around to cut the lead to one goal.
- Army West Point answered back just over three minutes later, with a top-shelf shot just out of the reach of Tirone to lead 4-2.
- The Wildcats answered back quickly, this time it was Wyse with a wrist shot cutting the lead back to one goal.
- The Black Knights committed their second 10-minute game misconduct of the game at 16:41 into the period, and the Wildcats found themselves on a power play for the final 3:19 of regulation, but they were unable to find the back with a 6-on-4, pulling Tirone in the final minute.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- UNH outshot Army 40-21 overall, and in every period by at least five. (13-6, 14-9, 13-6)
- Army had a total of 32 penalty minutes, with two five minute majors and two 10 minute game misconducts.
- UNH was 0-3 on the power play, Army was 0-1.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE
- This was the first two-goal game of the MacAdams' career.
- Wyse's goal was his third of the season, and the second in two games.