|1st||8:36||UML||1-0||PP||Ryan Lohin (6)||Chris Forney/8, Dylan Zink/17|
|1st||9:40||BU||1-1||EV||Gabriel Chabot (3)||Oskar Andrén/4|
|3rd||10:07||BU||2-1||EV||Bobo Carpenter (8)||Clayton Keller/14, Jordan Greenway/16|
|3rd||12:47||BU||3-1||EV GW||Clayton Keller (12)||Bobo Carpenter/11|
|3rd||16:57||UML||2-3||EV||C.J. Smith (14)||-|
|3rd||19:04||BU||4-2||EV EN||Bobo Carpenter (9)||-|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|UMass Lowell (15-9-3)||1/6||5/18||0|
|Boston University (17-7-2)||0/4||6/12||0|
|UMass Lowell Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Tyler Wall (L, 14-8-1)||58:30||3||5||10||7||22|
|Boston University Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Jake Oettinger (W, 14-6-2)||60:00||2||13||11||9||33|
BOSTON - The No. 1/2 Boston University men's ice hockey team closed out a stretch of five games in nine days with one of its strongest wins of the season, earning a 4-2 home victory over No. 7/7 UMass Lowell on Saturday evening.
Final Score: #1/2 Boston University 4, #7/7 UMass Lowell 2
Records: BU (17-7-2, 10-4-2 Hockey East), UMass Lowell (15-9-3, 7-7-1 Hockey East)
Location: Agganis Arena - Boston, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- After the game stayed at a 1-1 score for over 40 minutes, sophomore Bobo Carpenter blasted a shot to the back of the net from the right circle off a feed from freshman Clayton Keller to give the Terriers a lead they would not relinquish.
- Keller added an insurance goal off a backhand on a rush with 7:13 left in regulation.
- The River Hawks got back into the game by getting a goal from C.J. Smith with 3:03 to play and simultaneously drawing a BU penalty to have a chance to equalize on the power play.
- The Terriers' penalty kill unit was up to the task, however, and Carpenter added an empty-netter to create the 4-2 final.
- Freshman Jake Oettinger turned in an impressive 33-save performance, including a highlight-reel glove save on a shorthanded breakaway in the second period.
- Ryan Lohin opened the scoring with a power-play tally for Lowell just 8:36 into the game but freshman Gabriel Chabot answered for the Terriers just over a minute later, snapping home a shot on a 2-on-1 rush.
- Carpenter matched his career highs in points (3) and goals (2).
- Keller extended his point streak to 13 games (9g, 12a), which is the longest by a Terrier since Jack Eichel put together a 14-game streak from Feb. 6 - March 27, 2015.
- The River Hawks held a 35-26 shot advantage and got 22 saves from freshman Tyler Wall.
- After allowing a goal on Lowell's first power-play chance of the night, the BU penalty kill was successful on all of the other five opportunities for the visitors the rest of the night.
- The Terriers were 0-for-4 on their power play.
- Junior Brandon Hickey recorded a game-high four blocked shots while Carpenter led all players with a plus-3 rating.
- The Terriers will close out their three-game homestand on Friday (Feb. 3) when they host Massachusetts in their final game before the Beanpot.
- Game time at Agganis Arena is set for 7:30 p.m.