|2nd||10:03||BU||1-0||EV GW||Patrick Harper (3)||Clayton Keller/3, Jordan Greenway/4|
|2nd||10:35||BU||2-0||EV||Kieffer Bellows (3)||Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson/6, Charlie McAvoy/6|
|2nd||17:05||BU||3-0||EV||Patrick Harper (4)||Jordan Greenway/5, Clayton Keller/4|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Boston University (4-2-1)||0/2||5/10||0|
|Ryan Ruck (L, 3-3-3)||60:00||3||6||8||6||20|
|Boston University Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Jake Oettinger (W, 4-2-1)||55:40||0||13||3||8||24|
BOSTON - Freshman Patrick Harper's two goals and the combined goaltending efforts of freshman Jake Oettinger and junior Connor LaCouvee lifted the No. 4 Boston University men's ice hockey team to a 3-0 victory over Northeastern on Saturday night at Agganis Arena.
Final Score: #4 Boston University 3, Northeastern 0
Records: BU (4-2-1, 1-0-1 HEA), Northeastern (3-3-3, 0-2-1 HEA)
Location: Agganis Arena - Boston, Mass.
Postgame Comments: Quinn | Bellows/McAvoy
HOW IT HAPPENED
- After a scoreless first period, Harper and freshman Kieffer Bellows both scored within a 32-second span of the second stanza.
- Harper began the game-deciding sequence with his third goal of the year at the 10:03 mark. Sophomore Jordan Greenway rushed up the left wing and slid the puck into the middle for freshman Clayton Keller, whose one-touch pass deftly landed on Harper's stick for the finish.
- Bellows made it 2-0 when he capitalized on a loose puck at the right post. Sophomores Charlie McAvoy and Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson assisted on Bellows' third strike of the season.
- Harper handed the Huskies a three-goal deficit with 2:55 remaining in the middle frame. Greenway and Keller once again provided the assists.
- Oettinger made 24 of the 27 Terrier saves in the victory. Skate trouble forced him out for 4:12 of the third period, but LaCouvee filled in stupendously and stopped all three shots he faced.
- Harper has recorded a point in all seven games to begin his career and now has a team-best 11 points on four goals and seven assists.
- The Terriers have yet to allow a goal at Agganis Arena this season. Their three shutouts have come against Sacred Heart (7-0), Quinnipiac (3-0) and Northeastern (3-0).
- BU held Northeastern scoreless on five power-play chances tonight. The Huskies were limited to just two power play goals in 12 opportunities this weekend.
- Not only did BU score all three of its goals in the second period, but the Terriers outshot the Huskies, 11-3, in that 20-minute span.
- Sophomore Bobo Carpenter won 10 of 11 face-offs to help the Terriers hold a 35-16 advantage at the dot.
- The Terriers will travel to the University of Michigan next weekend for a pair of games.
- Friday's tilt is slated for 7:35 p.m., while Saturday's game is scheduled for 5:05 p.m.