|1st||2:11||MIC||1-0||EV||Brendan Warren (1)||James Sanchez/2, Nolan De Jong/2|
|2nd||5:28||BU||1-1||PP||Dante Fabbro (2)||Patrick Harper/8, Charlie McAvoy/7|
|3rd||9:04||BU||2-1||EV||Charlie McAvoy (1)||Jordan Greenway/6, Patrick Harper/9|
|3rd||10:25||MIC||2-2||EV||Dexter Dancs (1)||-|
|3rd||12:37||BU||3-2||EV GW||Jordan Greenway (5)||Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson/7, Charlie McAvoy/8|
|3rd||15:03||BU||4-2||EV||Patrick Harper (5)||Bobo Carpenter/4, Jordan Greenway/7|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Boston University (5-3-1)||1/4||3/6||0|
|Boston University Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Jake Oettinger (W, 5-3-1)||59:57||2||13||7||7||27|
|Jack LaFontaine (L, 1-2-1)||60:00||4||6||9||15||30|
ANN ARBOR, Mich. - Thanks to a three-goal third period, the No. 4 Boston University men's ice hockey team earned a 4-2 victory over No. 18 Michigan on Saturday evening to earn a weekend split with the Wolverines.
Final Score: #4 Boston University 4, #18 Michigan 2
Records: BU (5-3-1), Michigan (5-4-1)
Location: Yost Ice Arena - Ann Arbor, Mich.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Sophomores Jordan Greenway and Charlie McAvoy and freshman Patrick Harper all had a goal and two assists apiece to help the Terriers earn their first win at Yost Ice Arena in seven tries.
- McAvoy broke a 1-1 tie midway through the third before Greenway gave the Terriers the lead for good at 3-2 with 7:23 left in regulation.
- Harper added an insurance goal on a perfect redirect with just under five minutes to play.
- After Michigan dominated the play in the opening period and took a 1-0 lead into the first intermission, freshman Dante Fabbro potted a power-play goal at 5:28 of the second to make it a 1-1 contest.
- Brendan Warren opened the scoring for Michigan and Dexter Dancs provided the other goal for the Wolverines.
- In goal, freshman Jake Oettinger made 27 saves to pick up his fifth win of the year for Terriers while fellow rookie Jack LaFontaine stopped 30 BU shots for the Wolverines.
- The Terriers outshot the Wolverines, 34-29, and went 1-of-4 on the power play while successfully killing off both of Michigan's chances with the man advantage.
- BU committed a season-low three penalties.
- Greenway had a hand in all three third-period goals and now has 11 points (4g, 7a) over the past six games.
- Sophomores Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson and Bobo Carpenter each recorded an assist.
- Fabbro recorded a game-high five blocked shots.
- The Terriers will return to action on Friday (Nov. 18) when they open up a weekend home-and-home series with Connecticut in Hartford, Conn.
- Game time at the the XL Center is set for 7 p.m.