|1st||11:50||HAR||1-0||EV||Sean Malone (5)||Luke Esposito/6, Jacob Olson/2|
|1st||15:30||BU||1-1||EV||Kieffer Bellows (4)||Patrick Curry/2, Charlie McAvoy/9|
|1st||19:19||HAR||2-1||SH||Alexander Kerfoot (3)||-|
|1st||19:42||BU||2-2||PP||Patrick Harper (6)||Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson/9, Dante Fabbro/2|
|2nd||3:49||BU||3-2||PP||Dante Fabbro (3)||Patrick Harper/11, Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson/10|
|2nd||4:09||HAR||3-3||EV||Sean Malone (6)||Tyler Moy/7, Luke Esposito/7|
|3rd||3:07||BU||4-3||EV GW||Nick Roberto (3)||John MacLeod/4, Doyle Somerby/2|
|3rd||18:30||BU||5-3||EV||Patrick Curry (2)||Bobo Carpenter/5, Dante Fabbro/3|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Boston University (7-4-1)||2/5||4/8||0|
|Merrick Madsen (L, 5-2-1)||58:53||5||9||7||10||26|
|Boston University Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Connor LaCouvee (W, 2-0-0)||59:52||3||10||10||9||29|
BOSTON - Senior Nick Roberto broke a 3-3 tie early in the third to help the No. 7 Boston University men's ice hockey team earn a 5-3 victory over No. 9 Harvard on Tuesday evening at Agganis Arena.
Final Score: #7 Boston University 5, #9 Harvard 3
Records: BU (7-4-1), Harvard (5-2-1)
Location: Agganis Arena - Boston, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Terriers erased deficits of 1-0 and 2-1 in the opening period before taking their first lead at 3-2 early in the middle stanza. Harvard made it a 3-3 affair just 20 seconds later and the teams entered the final period in that deadlock.
- From behind the Harvard net, Roberto flung the puck towards the right crease, where the puck went off the stick of Harvard netminder Merrick Madsen and in at 3:07 of the third.
- BU got a key insurance goal off a rush with 1:30 left in regulation as freshman Patrick Curry got the puck from sophomore Bobo Carpenter above the right circle and skated in before beating Madsen far post.
- Freshman Dante Fabbro doubled his point total for the season by posting a three-point effort (1g, 2a).
- Sean Malone opened the scoring for the Crimson at the 11:50 mark of the first and also provided the goal that made it a 3-3 contest.
- Freshman Kieffer Bellows used a backhand shot to equalize at 1-1 with 4:30 left in the opening period.
- With the Terriers skating on a lengthy 5-on-3 advantage, Harvard's Alexander Kerfoot forced a turnover at the top of the Crimson zone to create a shorthanded breakaway that he converted to regain the lead for the visitors at 2-1 with 41 seconds left in the opening frame.
- Just 23 seconds later, freshman Patrick Harper potted his sixth goal of the year at the end of the power play to allow the Terriers to head into the first intermission tied at 2-2.
- BU used another power-play marker to go up 3-2 at 3:49 of the second. A wrister by Fabbro from above the left circle found the net thanks to a screen by sophomore Jordan Greenway just six seconds after a Harvard penalty.
- Making his second start of the season, junior Connor LaCouvee picked up the win in goal with a 29-save performance. Madsen turned aside 26 BU shots for the Crimson.
- The Crimson held a slim 32-31 shot advantage but came up empty on three power-play chances. The Terriers went 2-of-5 with the man advantage.
- Harper picked up a helper on the Fabbro goal and continues to lead the team in both points (17) and assists (11). He and Greenway are tied for the lead in goals with six each.
- Curry assisted on Bellows' goal and earned the first multi-point game of his career.
- Sophomore Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson recorded a pair of assists.
- The Terriers are 20-3-2 in their past 25 home contests.
- BU upped its advantage in its all-time series with Harvard to 79-68-6.
- The Terriers will take a 10-day break from their schedule before traveling to Providence on Friday, Dec. 2, for the opener of a home-and-home weekend with the Friars.