|2nd||10:23||BC||1-0||EV||Christopher Brown (5)||Michael Kim/10, Casey Fitzgerald/8|
|2nd||13:52||HAR||1-1||PP||Alexander Kerfoot (2)||Seb Lloyd/3, Adam Fox/7|
|2nd||16:36||HAR||2-1||EV||Tyler Moy (4)||Sean Malone/5, Luke Esposito/5|
|3rd||3:50||HAR||3-1||PP GW||Luke Esposito (3)||Seb Lloyd/4, Clay Anderson/3|
|3rd||4:23||HAR||4-1||PP||Tyler Moy (5)||Alexander Kerfoot/6, Adam Fox/8|
|3rd||4:39||HAR||5-1||EV||Sean Malone (4)||John Marino/2, Wiley Sherman/3|
|3rd||7:09||BC||2-5||PP||Casey Fitzgerald (5)||Colin White/4, Matthew Gaudreau/10|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Boston College (10-3-1)||1/6||10/28||0|
|Boston College Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Joseph Woll (L, 7-3-1)||44:38||5||9||17||2||28|
|Merrick Madsen (W, 5-1-1)||59:40||2||14||9||10||33|
ALLSTON, Mass. - Sophomore defenseman Casey Fitzgerald had a goal and an assist but Boston College was defeated by Harvard, 5-2, on Friday night at Bright-Landry Hockey Center.
No. 3 Boston College - 2 / No. 11 Harvard - 5
LOCATION Bright-Landry Hockey Center / Cambridge, Mass.
No. 3 Boston College - (10 - 3 - 1 / 5 - 0 - 1) / No. 11 Harvard - (5 - 1 - 1 / 2 - 1 - 1)
BC HIGHLIGHTS & GAME NOTES
- Casey Fitzgerald led the Eagles with a goal and an assist and is now tied for the team lead with 13 points. The North Reading, Mass. native netted his second power play goal of the season and fifth of his career.
- Matthew Gaudreau leads the Eagles in scoring after assisting on Casey Fitzgerald's late power play goal. The Carneys Point, N.J. native has 14 points (4-10-14) through as many games.
- Michael Kim became the first Eagle this season to crack double digits in the assists department this season (10).
- Friday night marked Colin White's 50th-career game as an Eagle. He tallied his fourth assist of the season and has 11 points (7-4-11) on the year.
- Christopher Brown scored his fifth goal of the season.
- Harvard curbed Boston College's 10-game unbeaten streak on Friday night which was the longest streak in the country heading into the game.
FIRST GOAL - SECOND PERIOD - Christopher Brown - 10:23 - EVEN STRENGTH
- Sophomore Christopher Brown finally broke the scoreless drought just over the midway point of regulation. Casey Fitzgerald triggered the play from the near boards and connected with Michael Kim within the blue line. Kim blasted a shot into traffic and the puck trickled around the crease where Brown swooped in. Brown took one shot and then gathered his own rebound and roofed it with the backhand at 10:23 of the second period for a 1-0 lead.
SECOND GOAL - SECOND PERIOD - Alexander Kerfoot - 13:52 - POWER PLAY
- The Eagles took three straight penalties throughout the course of the second period and it finally bit them on the final one when Alexander Kerfoot tied it up at 13:52 of the second period. Adam Fox sent the puck in from the right circle to Seb Lloyd on the near post. Joe Woll shifted over to jostle the puck from Lloyd but Kerfoot was in prime position to gather the loose disc and hug it around the left post to tie it up, 1-1.
THIRD GOAL - SECOND PERIOD - Tyler Moy - 16:36 - EVEN STRENGTH
- Harvard maintained its pressure and gained its first lead of the night at 16:36. Luke Esposito gained the zone and wheeled it around Boston College's next and backhanded it out to the centerman. Sean Malone took the puck and somehow snuck it through Woll's pads where Tyler Moy crashed the net to pounce on the unguarded puck for the 2-1 lead.
FOURTH GOAL - THIRD PERIOD - Luke Esposito - 3:50 - POWER PLAY
- The Crimson claimed a 3-1 lead after Luke Esposito beat Woll in a bunch of traffic out front. Clay Anderson got the first good whack at it from the left side of the slot and the ricochet ended up under a bunch of skates. Esposito lurched forward with his stick and slipped it over the goal line from between the circles at 3:50 of the third on the power play to make it a 3-1 game.
FIFTH GOAL - THIRD PERIOD - Tyler Moy - 4:23 - POWER PLAY
- Harvard's barrage kept coming as Moy found the back of the net for his second of the night, also on the power play, 33 seconds after Esposito's marker. Kerfoot grabbed an outlet pas from Adam Fox on the red line and Moy accepted the puck just onsides. Moy took three strides and whizzed it past Woll on the right dot with the wrister at 4:23 to extend Harvard's lead, 4-1.
SIXTH GOAL - THIRD PERIOD - Sean Malone - 4:39 - EVEN STRENGTH
- Ten seconds after the Crimson's fourth tally of the night, Sean Malone beat Woll at a low-percentage angle on the near post at 4:39 to make it a 5-1 affair.
SEVENTH GOAL - THIRD PERIOD - Casey Fitzgerald - 12:51 - POWER PLAY
- The Eagles stopped the bleeding on the power play after Casey Fitzgerald rifled one past Merrick Madsen from the right circle. Matthew Gaudreau quarterbacked the power play strike from behind the net and dished from the right pipe. Colin White tipped the puck between the circles to slow it down and dupe the defense. As Harvard was trying to gain its bearings, C. Fitzgerald skated in from the point and ripped it past Madsen's glove at 12:51 to cut into the Crimson's lead, 5-2, at 12:51 of the third.
BOSTON COLLEGE GAME LEADERS
Points: Casey Fitzgerald (1 - 1 - 2)
Goals: Casey Fitzgerald (1 - 1 - 2) / Christopher Brown (1 - 0 - 1)
Assists: Casey Fitzgerald (1 - 1 - 2) / Michael Kim (0 - 1 - 1) / Colin White (0 - 1 - 1) / Matthew Gaudreau (0 - 1 - 1)
Shots: Christopher Brown ( 6 )
Faceoffs Won: Austin Cangelosi (15 - of - 30)
Boston College: 1 - for - 6
Harvard: 3 - for - 7
Boston College: 10 - of - 28
Harvard: 9 - of - 26
BOSTON COLLEGE LINES
R. Fitzgerald - White - Calnan
Cotton - Cangelosi - Brown
Gaudreau - Greco - Dudek
McPhee - Booth - Walker
Kim - C. Fitzgerald
McInnis - Savage
Jes. Mattila - Moore
Boston College will jump back into conference action and travel down to Hartford and take on Connecticut at the XL Center on Tuesday, Nov. 22 at 7 p.m.