|2nd||3:47||BU||1-0||EV||Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson (9)||Dante Fabbro/5, Brandon Hickey/7|
|2nd||5:15||BC||1-1||PP||Colin White (11)||Casey Fitzgerald/9, Matthew Gaudreau/17|
|2nd||7:10||BU||2-1||EV GW||Clayton Keller (8)||Jordan Greenway/12, Bobo Carpenter/9|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Boston College (14-8-2)||1/4||3/6||0|
|Boston University (13-5-2)||0/2||5/10||0|
|Boston College Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Joseph Woll (L, 11-7-1)||58:55||2||15||11||5||31|
|Boston University Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Jake Oettinger (W, 10-5-2)||60:00||1||11||9||12||32|
BOSTON - Freshman Clayton Keller broke a 1-1 tie at the 7:10 mark of the second stanza to lift the No. 5 Boston University men's ice hockey team to a 2-1 win over No. 8 Boston College on Friday night in front of a sellout crowd at Agganis Arena.
Final Score: #5 Boston University 2, #8 Boston College 1
Records: BU (13-5-2, 6-2-2 Hockey East), #8 BC (14-8-2, 9-2-1 Hockey East)
Location: Agganis Arena - Boston, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- After a scoreless opening frame, the Terriers struck first thanks to sophomore Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson's ninth goal of the season at the 3:47 mark of the second period. Freshman Dante Fabbro got the puck at the left point and fed it across the top of the zone to Brandon Hickey. The junior defenseman fired a shot towards the BC cage and Forsbacka Karlsson was in the perfect position in front to redirect the puck past Joe Woll (31 saves).
- BC answered with a power-play goal less than two minutes later.
- Keller collected his first game-winning goal as a Terrier thanks to a terrific effort on the forecheck by sophomore Jordan Greenway. The 6-foot-5 forward's relentless puck pursuit forced an hurried pass from an Eagle defender. Greenway won another battle behind the BC net and quickly fed Keller in front for the freshman's fifth marker of the year.
- Freshman Jake Oettinger made 31 saves, including 12 in the final 20 minutes, to preserve the victory and improve to 10-5-2.
- Keller extended his point streak to seven games (5g, 7a) with his goal.
- Forsbacka Karlsson has six goals over the past three games and in on a four-game point streak (6g, 2a).
- Greenway has tallied an assist in each of the past five fixtures.
- BU is now 7-1-1 over its last nine games and extended its win streak to a season-best five games.
- The Terriers have allowed just three goals to BC in the past 187 minutes.
- This was the Terriers' first win over the Eagles since Nov. 7, 2014, and the team's first triumph at home over BC since Nov. 30, 2012.
- The Terriers and Eagles will wrap up their home-and-home series on Monday night at Conte Forum.
- The game will be broadcast on American Sports Network (NESN locally) at 7 p.m.