Junior defenseman David Warsofsky picks up two assists for Terriers

Sophomore Wade Megan nets the game-tying goal for the Terriers

BOSTON, Mass. - Sophomore Wade Megan scored the game-tying goal with 7:19 left in regulation as the No. 2 Boston University men's ice hockey team (7-1-5) tied Brown (3-3-2), 4-4, at Agganis Arena on Saturday night.

Brown jumped out to a 2-0 lead with two goals within the first 3:01 of the opening frame. The Terriers then tallied three straight markers during the first and second periods as they skated to a 3-2 advantage. The Bears answered with a pair of goals in the second and third frames to take a 4-3 lead before BU responded with Megan's late equalizer.

Four different Terriers found the back of the net, including sophomore Ben Rosen, who collected his first collegiate goal. Senior Joe Pereira and sophomore Alex Chiasson each tallied their fifth marker of the season and freshman Garrett Noonan and junior David Warsofsky both earned a pair of assists.

Junior goaltender Kieran Millan made 19 saves, and Brown netminder Michael Clemente turned aside 38 shots.

The Terriers were 1-for-7 on the power play, while Brown went 1-for-2. BU outshot the Bears by a 42-23 margin, setting a season high for shots in the process.

After Jesse Fratkin (1:25) and Harry Zolnierczyk (3:01) gave the visitors an early 2-0 advantage, Rosen capped a give-and-go with Noonan by sneaking the puck past Clemente from the left circle at 8:38 to make it a 2-1 contest.

The Terriers still had a one-goal deficit entering the second period, but Pereira knotted up the contest at 4:48 of the middle stanza on a 2-on-1 rush when he poked in a rebound off his own shot with assists from freshmen Sahir Gill and Noonan.

Following a string of Brown penalties that resulted in an extended 5-on-3 advantage for BU, Chiasson converted from the foot of the left circle at 9:24 of the second after gathering the puck following a saved shot by Warsofsky. The goal gave BU a 3-2 lead and capped the run of three straight tallies by the home squad. Freshman Adam Clendening also assisted on the play.

Brown regained the lead with consecutive tallies, beginning with a power-play marker from the stick of junior Jack Maclellan at with 6:22 left in the second stanza. The Bears took the lead again just 2:24 into the third when David Brownschidle followed up his own rebound and knocked the puck past Millan.

The Terriers scored once again following a saved shot by Warsofsky, as Megan potted the game-tying goal when he elevated the puck over Clemente from the right edge of the crease at 12:51 of the third.

BU will return to action on Friday (Dec. 3) when it kicks off a home-and-home weekend with No. 7 Boston College at Agganis Arena. The archrivals will face off at 7:30 p.m.