November 22, 2012
New Hampshire travels West to face-off against Colorado College and Denver
Colgate at Merrimack (Fri. at Lawler Arena on WBIN-TV)
- Mike Collins (Boston, Mass.) continues to lead Hockey East in scoring as the junior is tied with Johnny Gaudreau with 14 points. He has points in eight of his last nine games for the Warriors.
- John Gustafsson (Ljungby, Sweden) was named Pro Ambitions Rookie of the Week on Monday with two points (1g,1a) in the 4-3 loss to No. 1 BC last Friday night, which included his first career goal for the Warriors.
St. Lawrence at Northeastern (Fri. at Matthews Arena)
- The Huskies are 2-0 this season in non-conference play so far this season.
- The last time the teams squared off was Nov. 29, 2002, at Appleton Arena where NU skated to a 2-1 victory.
- Chris Rawlings broke the 3,000-save plateau against Providence with 10 saves on Nov. 16. He ranks third place all-time in career saves and needs just 164 more to eclipse Brad Thiessen's mark of 3,166 to move into second.
No. 4 Minnesota at Vermont (Fri., Sat. at Gutterson Fieldhouse on NESN and FSN)
- Brody Hoffman (Wilkie, Sask.) has started all nine games for the Catamounts this season. He has posted 30+ saves in three starts. His 240 saves ranks fourth among league netminders.
No. 3 New Hampshire at Colorado College (Fri.) at No. 2 Denver (Sat.)
- Casey DeSmith's (Rochester, N.H.) 1.19 GAA and .961 save percentage is best in the league and second nationally among Div. I goaltenders. He has allowed two goals or less in eight of his 10 starts to go with four shutouts.
No. 11 Dartmouth at No. 1 Boston College (Sat. at Conte Forum)
- BC's Jerry York currently stands at 922 career victories and needs two wins to tie Ron Mason's NCAA record of 924 all-time wins.
- The Eagles are 9-3-0 in non-conference regular-season play in the last year and a half.
- BC's Johnny Gaudreau (Carney Point, N.J.) has a point in all 10 games with four multi-point efforts.
St. Lawrence at No. 10 Boston University (Sat. at Agganis Arena)
- The Terriers have scored 25 of their 31 goals this season in the final two periods.
Quinnipiac at Massachusetts (Sat. at the Mullins Center)
- The Minutemen are coming off a 3-1 victory at the Mullins Center on Tuesday night against Vermont. Branden Gracel (Calgary, Alta.) notched two goals in the game for UMass.
Princeton at UMass-Lowell (Sat. at the Tsongas Center)
- UML's Riley Wetmore (Swanton, Vt.) recorded his first career hat trick last Sunday at UMass in the 8-2 victory.
Providence at Brown (Sat. at Meehan Auditorium)
- The teams will meet in the 27th annual Mayor's Cup. The Friars have won three of the last five meetings again
the Bears. Jon Gillies (Portland, Maine) notched 23 saves in the 2-0 loss to Quinnipiac on Tuesday.