~ No. 4 Merrimack plays No. 3 BU and UMass; NU faces off with UMass; Maine hosts UAH ~
Doug Carr and UMass Lowell host Vermont this weekend including Saturday on NESN
Vermont at No. 9 UMass-Lowell - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. on NESN, at the Tsongas Center)
• Vermont is 2-0-1 in its last three meetings with UMass Lowell to snap what was previously a nine-game winless streak
in the series, which included the first meeting of the season series, a 3-2 overtime win on January 13th at UVM.
• UML's Doug Carr was named Goaltender of the Month on Wednesday with a 4-2-0 record with a 1.65 GAA and
.945 save percentage. He has allowed two goals or fewer in his last five starts for the River Hawks.
• Vermont is 11-for-53 (20.8%) on the power play in its last nine games.
No. 3 Boston University at No. 4 Merrimack (Fri. at Lawler Arena, WBIN-TV, FCS)
• In league play, the Terriers lead the league in scoring (3.63 gpg), power play (27.8%) and penalty kill (85.8%),
while Merrimack has the top defense in league games, allowing only 2.12 goals per contest.
• The teams have split the two previous meetings this season, most recently BU was victorious on January 6th.
Kieran Millan notched 42 saves in his ninth win of the season.
• Ryan Flanigan's +15 plus/minus rating ranks third in the conference in overall games for the Warriors.
Providence vs. UNH - Two-Game Series (Fri. at UNH on CBSSN, Sat. at PC)
• Stevie Moses has 12 points (4g,8a) in 10 career games against the Friars.
• Alex Beaudry needs only 43 saves to pass Nolan Schaefer (2,848) on the all-time saves list at Providence.
• UNH is unbeaten in its last 15 games (13-0-2) against the Friars dating back to Feb. 24, 2007. UNH won the first
meeting of the season series on Jan. 11, a 1-0 shutout at PC. Casey DeSmith made 26 saves in his first career win.
• PC freshman Ross Mauermann's 18 points (8g,10a) rank tied for third among league rookies, along with UML's
Terrence Wallin, UVM's Kyle Reynolds and BC's Johnny Gaudreau.
Massachusetts at Northeastern (Fri. at Matthews Arena)
• Northeastern is coming off a two-game road sweep of Vermont. Cody Ferreiro recorded five points (4g,1a) on
the weekend for the Huskies. He was named Athletic Republic Co-Player of the Week for his efforts.
• UMass' Conor Sheary's 13 assists rank tied for eighth among league players in conference games only.
Alabama-Huntsville at Maine - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Alfond Arena)
• Dan Sullivan was named Defensive Player of the Week on Monday with two wins on the weekend vs. BU (.957
save%). He made a career-high 38 saves on Saturday night against the Terriers.
• Maine owns a 11-1-2 record when leading after two periods and own an 11-0-0 record when scoring 4+ goals.
• The Black Bears rank second in the nation in power play at 29.3%.
• Maine holds a 9-0-1 lead in the all-time series vs. Alabama-Huntsville.
No. 4 Merrimack at Massachusetts (Sat. at the Mullins Center)
• The Minutemen own a 7-1-3 record at home in the Mullins Center this season.
• The Warriors swept the season series between the two teams last year by a combined score of 17 to 6, but two
of the games were one goal contests.
HUMBOLDT STORAGE AND MOVING "MOVE OF THE WEEK" WINNER:
to UMass Lowell's Josh Holmstrom as he finishes off a David Vallorani rush on Saturday vs. Massachusetts.