~ No. 7 MC, UNH play home-and-home; No. 13 UML, NU play two; UMass entertains UVM ~
Providence College travels to Boston University for a Friday night match-up on NESN
Providence vs. No. 3 Boston University - Two-Game Series (Fri. at BU on NESN; Sat. at PC)
• Providence won the first meeting vs. the Terriers in the season series by a 5-3 score at Schneider Arena on
October 14. Providence is seeking its first win at Agganis Arena since January 13, 2009.
• BU sophomore defenseman Adam Clendening has a point in his last four contests with eight points (1g,7a)
during that span.
• The Friars have killed off 16 of the last 17 (94.1%) opponent power plays.
No. 4 Boston College at Maine - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. on NESN)
• The Eagles own a 58-40-9 edge in the all-time series against the Black Bears. BC beat Maine, 4-2, in the most
recent meeting between the teams on November 5 at Conte Forum.
• Maine's Spencer Abott leads the nation with 1.67 points per game and his 35 points (12g,23a) in 21 games
ranks second in the country.
• BC owns a 9-0-1 record this season when leading after two periods.
Vermont at Massachusetts (Fri. at the Mullins Center)
• The teams have split the previous two meetings this year with both of the games being one goal games. UMass
won the most recent meeting at Fenway Park by a 3-2 score in overtime on January 7.
• Sebastian Stålberg leads the Catamounts in scoring with 23 points (9g,14a) and his 78 shots (3.5/spg) on goal
are also a team best.
• UMass' T.J. Syner ranks tied for seventh in the league with 15 assists on the season. He has registered a point
in eight of the last nine games for the Minutemen.
Northeastern vs. No. 13 UMass-Lowell (Fri. at UML, Sat. at NU)
• The Huskies won the first meeting of the season series back on December 10 by a 3-2 score at Matthews Arena.
Chris Rawlings made 38 saves in the victory for Northeastern.
• The River Hawks have 10 players who have scored 10+ points this season, which is tied for most in the league
along with Boston College.
• Northeastern's Ludwig Karlsson is the rookie leader in points (13) and goals (8) in league play. PC's Ross Mauermann
has also amassed 13 points atop the first-year leaderboard.
UNH vs. No. 7 Merrimack - Two-Game Series (Fri. at MC, Sat. at UNH)
• Rookie goaltender Casey DeSmith stopped 48 of 49 (.980 save%) shots in two victories for the Wildcats last
week vs. Providence and Dartmouth.
• Merrimack won the season series between the two teams last year, 2-1-0, and two of those three games were
one goal contests. The last meeting between the two schools was a 4-1 Merrimack win at the TD Garden in the
Hockey East semifinal last March.
• Joe Cannata has notched 30+ in nine of his 20 starts this season for the Warriors and he has allowed two goals
or less in 17 games.